Take a 3-night trip to Easter Island. Visit the Rano Kau Volcano and the ancient ceremonial village of Orongo. Also, visit Vinapu temple to view stone carvings and see the temples at Ahu Vaihu, surrounded by enormous statues. Then visit Akahanga, known as the King’s Platform; Ahu Tongariki, the island’s largest ceremonial center, with 15 moai statues facing the sea; and Anakena beach. Starting from $1295, including air from Santiago, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Santiango/Easter Island
Fly from Santiago to fabled Easter Island, the easternmost Polynesian island. Arrive and transfer to hotel. (Tapa Tai/Altiplanico Rapa Nui)
Day 2 - Easter Island
The island is world famous for its moai, monumental stone statues carved from the 12th to 15th centuries. While many were destroyed in the island's statue-toppling era or in a 1960 tsunami, others have been re-erected. Today, visit the Ahu Vinapu temples. Continue to Rano Kao Volcano, location of a former ceremonial village. See images of the "birdman" cult and other petroglyphs that adorn the cliffside. In the afternoon, visit Ahu Akivi, an unusual inland moai site. Visit Puna Pau, a quarry of red stone where the moai "hats" were carved. (B)
Day 3 - Easter Island
Full-day excursion to the ruins of the temple of Vaihu. See the moai hats that lie where they fell when the platform was destroyed. Continue to Akahanga and to Rano Raraku volcano, where all the island's moai were carved out of the rocks. Climb to the edge of the crater and view the small lake inside and the moai scattered on the slopes. Continue to Ahu Tongariki, which still has 15 moai. Complete your tour at Anakena beach, site of two beautiful ahu (stone platforms) with moai. You may take an ocean swim before your afternoon return to Hanga Roa. (B/L)
Day 4 - Easter Island/Santiago
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Santiago. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1-30||May 1 - September 30||October 1 - December 31|
|2020||January 1 - February 29||March 1-31|
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round-trip airfare from Santiago, coach class
- Round-trip airport transfers
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room at either Taha Tai (FC) or Altiplanico Rapa Nui (D) on Easter Island with hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: tour of Ahu Vinapu Temples, tour of Rano Kao Volcano, tour of Ahu Akivi, full-day excursion of the temple of Vaihu
- Breakfast daily, one lunch
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If above hotels or preferred airline are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.