Take a 7-night trip and discover the beautiful island of Borneo. Start in Kota Kinabalu, capital of the Malaysian state of Sabah, the "Land Below the Wind." Tour Kinabalu National Park and Mountain Garden. Fly to Sandakan, and transfer by boat to Selingan Turtle Island, where you may observe turtles laying eggs or being released into the sea. The next day, transfer back to Sandakan and visit the world-famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. Continue overland to your lodge on the Lower Kinabatangan River and take a river cruise. The next day visit Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Center. Then fly to Kuching for a night before taking a journey to Batang Ai, where you spend a night. The following day, take a longboat ride along the Lemanak River for a visit to an Iban longhouse. Return to Kuching and spend the night before your return flight to the US. Post-tours only.
Jun 30, Tue – Singapore/Kota Kinabalu
Depart from Singapore for Kota Kinabalu, Sabah’s capital, in the northern part of Borneo. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. (Le Meridien)
Jul 1, Wed – Kota Kinabalu (B/L)
After breakfast, depart for a day trip to Kinabalu National Park, a World Heritage site. The park is home to Mount Kinabalu, Southeast Asia’s highest peak. Explore this botanist’s paradise with over a thousand species of orchids, numerous rhododendrons and pitcher plants, as well as many bird species. Enjoy a guided nature walk, the exhibition hall and a slide presentation. Return to Kota Kinabalu.
Jul 2, Thu – Kota Kinabalu/Sandakan/Selingan Island (B/L/D)
Fly to Sandakan, where you are met on arrival and transferred to the jetty for a boat to Selingan Turtle Island, located in the Sulu Sea off Sabah’s east coast. The island is the main nesting area for the Green turtles and Hawksbill turtles. Lunch and leisure time for relaxing, swimming and snorkeling. After dinner, you may witness turtles laying eggs, and perhaps the release of turtles into the sea. [Note: Although daily sightings of turtles laying eggs have been reported, it is not guaranteed.] (Island Chalet)
Jul 3, Fri – Selingan Island/Sepilok/Kinabatangan River (B/L/D)
After breakfast, transfer by boat to Sandakan, where you visit the world-famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. Witness the feeding of orangutan and see baby orangutans at play. Explore Sabah’s biggest bird’s nest cave in the Gomantong Forest Reserve. Continue on to a river lodge at Kinabatangan River. Late afternoon, enjoy a river cruise in search of wildlife, including Proboscis monkeys. (Bilit Rainforest Lodge)
Jul 4, Sat – Kinabatangan River/Sun Bear/Sandakan/Kuching (B)
After breakfast, continue on with a visit to Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Center. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Kuching, Sarawak’s capital, on Borneo’s west coast. Arrive Kuching and transfer to your hotel. (Hilton)
Jul 5, Sun – Kuching/Semenggoh/Batang Ai (B/L)
This morning, visit the Semenggoh Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, which houses orangutans rescued from captivity. Enjoy a 4-½ hour journey to Batang Ai, passing rice fields, pepper plantations, and local villages before stopping for lunch at the little town of Lachau. Arrive at Batang Ai Dam, and ferry across to the resort. (Aiman Batang Ai Resort)
Jul 6, Mon – Batang Ai/Lemanak River/Kuching (B/L)
After breakfast, depart for the Lemanak River and board native longboats to visit an Iban longhouse. Mingle and participate in the daily chores of the Iban natives, or go for a dip in the river at the longhouse. Enjoy lunch and a traditional welcome that includes a graceful warrior’s dance. Afterward, depart for Kuching. Check in on arrival. Remainder of the day at leisure. (Hilton)
Jul 7, Tue – Kuching/USA (B)
Transfer to the airport and board China Airlines flight for return to the US, where you arrive home the same day.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Land and Air prices include airfare and government taxes and fees via China Airlines from Los Angeles or San Francisco to Singapore, air between Singapore and Malaysia.
- Land Only includes air/land transportation within Malaysia, but does not include air segments from the US to/from Singapore or to/from Malaysia.
Scroll right for more info »»
ALL TOUR PACKAGES FEATURE
• Round trip trans-Pacific air via Cathay Pacific Airways, Singapore Airlines, China Airlines and Emirates Airlines (or otherwise specified) coach class from West Coast, East Coast and Mid West gateway cities to/from Singapore and first/last cities of pre/post tours. All airfares include current airline fuel surcharges at the time (May 20, 2019) of printing this brochure and subject to change. Special add-on fares from various cities in the US and premium economy/business/first class upgrades on trans-Pacific air segments are available.
• Inter/intra Asia airfares coach class via Cathay Pacific/Singapore Airlines/China Airlines or other Asia carriers for Land and Air packages.
• Round trip airport transfers by coach with English-speaking guide/driver in each city
• Extensive sightseeing tours by air-conditioned motor-coach/car with English-speaking guide/driver; and admission fees for parks, sites, rides and shows as per itinerary
• Accommodations double occupancy at FC (first class) or D (deluxe) hotels as indicated, including hotel tax and service charges
• Meals B (breakfast), L (lunch) and D (dinner) included as per itinerary
• Luggage handling
• National tour guide for each country if tour members exceed 30 people
• $300 deposit required upon reservation; completed reservation form and a copy of passport are required upon reservation
• Final payment due 75 days prior to departure
• Cancellation penalties apply. See Pacific Holidays General Terms and Conditions for details
• Major credit cards are accepted; credit card authorization is required
• Optional travel insurance plan strongly recommended and non-refundable
• Ask for information about free land and air for group organizer, if group over 20 people
• All prices quoted are in US dollars and based on current exchange rate at the time (May 20, 2019) of printing of this brochure. If exchange rates drastically differ at the time of full payment, Pacific Holidays reserves the right to adjust prices already quoted in this brochure
• Land Only tour prices do not include airfares from the US to first city of the pre-tour or airfares from last city of the post-tour to the US. However, Land Only includes air/land transportations within the tour program.
• Promotional airfares may be sold out due to high volume of traffic for Lions Clubs Convention in Singapore. Higher airfares may apply if lower fares are sold out. An alternative airline may be used if Cathay Pacific Airways/Singapore Airlines/China Airlines/Emirates Airlines lower fares are sold out.
• Contracted hotels as indicated in this brochure may be sold out. Alternative hotels may be used. Prices may change.
• Pacific Holidays General Terms and Conditions apply; Cancellation and change penalties apply; Travel insurance is highly recommended. Please go online and visit www.pacificholidaysinc.com for coverage and exclusions.
• Add-on airfares from various cities in the States are available.
• For US citizens visas for China, Vietnam, Myanmar and India are required before departure. Apply for visas online or through visa agencies at least 2 months before departure. For non-US citizens please make sure you have proper travel documents before departure. Pacific Holidays will assist in visa application but is not responsible if applicant is declined for visas.
• Customized and private tours are available.
• Pacific Holidays is not authorized to make any hotel, transfers and tours (any land) reservations during the period of Lions Clubs International Convention (Jun 26 – 30, 2020) in Singapore. All reservations for Singapore and registration for the Convention must go through Lions Clubs International Convention Division.
Full refund of deposits made if cancellation is received in writing 90 days prior to departure, less $200 per person handling fee, plus any nonrefundable deposit for air, hotels and cruises, as well as credit card charge fees. Between 89 days and 60 days prior to departure, handling fee of $400 per person, plus non-refundable fees will be charged. Between 59 days and 30 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $600 per person, plus non-refundable fees, will be charged. Between 29 days and 8 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $800 per person will be charged, plus any expenses already incurred and cancellation fees imposed by airlines, hotels, cruises and suppliers. Seven days or less prior to departure, 50% of the tour package price or $1000 per person, whichever is higher, will be charged. NO REFUND will be granted to unused land portion once the tour has begun. All refund claims must be made in writing no later than 30 days after termination of trip. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. Travel insurance, visa fee, visa handling fee and most airlines tickets are not refundable once purchased and ticketed.
Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) has no connection, no responsibility and is not a contracting party with regard to the transportation or other facilities offered by PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or any other tour operator making the arrangements for the pre- and post-convention tours being offered. By making a reservation and/or payment for any pre- and post-convention tour, participants acknowledge and understand that they are contracting directly with PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or another tour operator, that any contractual responsibilities are directly between the participant and PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or another tour operator, that participants are fully aware of all risks of travel and arrangements for tours of this nature, and that participants fully disclaim, waive, release and discharge Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) from any and all liability, claims or responsibilities with regard to the pre- or post-convention tours being offered.
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.