Take a 7-night trip and visit Chile’s Lake District, nestled between the Andes and the Pacific Ocean. Start in Santiago and see the Plaza de Armas and Santa Lucia Hill. From there, travel to wine country and Valparaiso, where you can sample and buy world-famous Chilean wines. Next, travel to Alerce Andino National Park along the Austral Highway and view the spectacular scenery of Chile’s Lake District. Finally, travel to Vicente Perez Rosales National Park for views of Osorno Volcano and Llanquihue Lake before returning to the US. Starting from $2975, including air, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Miami/Santiago
Depart via Avianca Airlines flight to Santiago in the evening.
Day 2 - Santiago
Arrive in Santiago and transfer to your hotel. (Torremayor/Sheraton)
Day 3 - Santiago
Morning city tour includes Club Hipico, a beautiful horse-racing track; the main square, Plaza de Armas; sights on the main avenue, "Alameda"; Cerro San Cristobal, for a panoramic city view; and Santa Lucia Hill. (B)
Day 4 - Wine Country and Valparaiso
Depart for the central coast, through the valleys of Curacavi and Casablanca, Chile's wine-producing area. Stop at a vineyard and taste some of the world-famous Chilean wines. Visit the beach Renaca and the garden city of Vina del Mar. After lunch, continue to Valparaiso, a UNESCO World Heritage site. (B/L)
Day 5 - Santiago
A full day at leisure. (B)
Day 6 - Santiago/Puerto Montt/Puerto Varas
After breakfast, transfer to airport and fly to Puerto Montt. On arrival, visit the beachside village of Pelluco, the Tenglo Canal, and the picturesque village of Angelmo. Continue along the lakeside to Puerto Varas, stopping at Phillipi Hill for a view of Osorno Volcano. (Cabanas del Lago) (B)
Day 7 - Alerce Andino National Park
Travel to Alerce Andino National Park via Austral Highway. View Chile's spectacular Lake District. Walk a bit around lakes and lagoons, hidden between towering mountains and dense forests. (B)
Day 8 - Peulla
Travel by bus to the port at Petrohue, Sail Todos los Santos Lake among the mountain range to Peulla.Enjoy breathtaking landscapes and return to Pucrto Varas after lunch.(B/L)
Day 9 - Puerto Varas/Puerto Montt/Santiago/Miami
Transfer to airport at Puerto Montt and fly to Santiago. Connect with your Avianca Airlines flight to Miami. Or take extension to Easter Island or Patagonia Chile. (page 12)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. For details, refer to the Tour Features on page 2. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Land & Air prices are per person double occupancy via Avianca Airlines from Miami for weekday travel. For weekend travel and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $50 each way.
- Land Only prices include internal airfares.
- Rates are not valid for Easter, Christmas, New Year, or some other holidays.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip airfare via Avianca Airlines coach class from Miami
- Domestic Chile flights, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip seat-in-coach airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 4 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Santiago
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Puerto Varas
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day tour of Santiago, full-day wine country and Valaparaiso tour, village tour en route to Puerto Varas, tour of Alerce Andino National Park, tour of Vicente Perez Rosales National Park
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Patagonia Chile extension
- Round trip domestic airfare, coach class, to Punte Arenas
- Round transfer into Torres del Paine National Park
- Round trip airport transfers
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Torres del Paine at Lago Grey with hotel taxes and service charges
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Punta Arenas at Cabo de Hornos with hotel taxes and service charges
- Breakfast daily; two lunches
- Full-day excursion in Torres del Paine National Park; half-day excursion in Torres del Paine National Park
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Torremayor (Santiago), Cabanas del Lago (Puerto Varas)
- Deluxe (D): Sheraton (Santiago), Cabanas del Lago (Puerto Varas)
- If above hotels or Avianca Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.
4 Days/3 Nights
Day 9 - Puerto Montt/Punta Arenas/Torres del Paine
Fly to Punta Arenas, in Chile's Patagonia region. Transfer to Torres del Paine National Park. Visit Seno Otway Penguin Colony (Nov-Mar). Or, north from Puerto Natales, visit Milodon Cave (in remaining months on private basis), where the remains of an extinct large animal were found. (Pehoe/Lago Grey)
Day 10 - Torres del Paine National Park
Full-day excursion deep into Torres del Paine National Park. Travel through steppes and Patagonia scrub. Observe the wildlife, such as herds of guanacos and sheep, at this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Salto Grande of the Pehoe River with the impressive mountain massif of Torres del Paine in the background. Then visit Lake Pehoe, Lake Grey and Grey Glacier. (B/L)
Day 11 - Torres del Paine National Park/Punta Arenas
After breakfast at the hotel, begin another day excursion into the national park. Explore 450,000 acres of forest, lakes and rivers, and enjoy the scenery of the majestic glaciated mountain peaks. At the end of the excursion, transfer to Punta Arenas. (Carpa Manzano/Cabo de Hornos) (B/L)
Day 12 - Punta Arenas/Santiago/Miami
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Santiago and onward to Miami. (B)
Departure Dates & Rates
The following Land & Air prices include Government Taxes and Fees.
Land & Air
|May - Sep
|Oct - Dec
|Jan - Mar
Hotels are S (standard) and FC (first class).