Take a 4-night trip and travel to the Toraja Land of Indonesia. Start with a flight to Ujung Pandang and transfer to Toraja highland, where you see Bugis villages along the way. While in Toraja, explore the cliffside stone graves at Lemo and the royal tombs at Suaya. Take a trip to Tikala for a trek to the mountainous village of Batutumonga with views of the rice terraces. Finally, transfer back to Ujung Pandang on your way home. Starting from $815, land only, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Ujung Pandang/Toraja
Arrive by air in Ujung Pandang and begin transfer north to Toraja highland, "land of the heavenly kings." Eight-hour drive takes you along magnificent mountain passes and across Bugis villages with typical houses on poles. Lunch at port town of Pare-Pare. Late afternoon, arrive in Toraja and its remote island villages in Sulawesi's mountainous center. (Heritage Toraja) (L/D)
Day 2 - Toraja
Full-day sightseeing includes the cliff-side stone graves at Lemo, royal tombs at Suaya, and the baby graves in a tree at Sangalla. After lunch in Rantepao, visit the natural burial cave at Londa and a traditional woodcarving village at Ke'te Kesu. (B/L/D)
Day 3 - Toraja
Full-day tour includes Palawa, Toraja's oldest village, and Bori, with its ancient megalithic stone. After lunch in Rantepao, visit the traditional Torajan village of Marante. (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Toraja
Transfer to Tikala for a soft trek to the village of Batutumonga, with magnificent views of rice terraces and lush environs.Meet local people and see daily activities. Before reaching the summit at Pana village, a footpath leads to a unique tomb and baby grave in a tree, one of Toraja's oldest graves. Lunch en route to Lempo, and transfer to hotel. (B/L/D)
Day 5 - Toraja/Ujung Pandang
After breakfast, drive back to Ujung Pandang. Lunch at Pare-Pare. Transfer to airport for your onward flight. (B/L)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1 - March 31
01/01 - 03/31|
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip airport transfers
- Accommodations double occupancy at Heritage Toraja for 4 nights with hotel tax and service charge
- All meals daily
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees as per itinerary
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If hotel is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.