Begin your exploration of diverse Indonesia with a night in cosmopolitan, Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia, and a city of contrasts. It is a dynamic city of daunting extremes with surreal juxtapositions on every street corner. It has the country’s top museums, the greatest diversity of restaurants, and awe-inspiring public spaces. Arguably the epicenter of Javanese identity and tradition, Solo is one of the least Westernized cities on the island. With its ancient Hindu temples that look like hand-drizzled sand castles, Jogjakarta is like the famous older brother of Solo. Central to the island’s artistic and intellectual heritage, Jogjakarta is where the Javanese language is at its purest, its arts at their brightest, and its traditions at their most visible. Continue your journey to Lombok, where you tour a temple, old Royal Court Gardens, and Holy Springs. Then fly to Bali, an Indonesian paradise that feels like a fantasy. The “artistic capital” of Ubud is the perfect place to see a cultural dance performance. Ubud is the heart of Bali, a place where the spirit and culture of the island are most accessible. Starting from $3035 person, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - Los Angeles/Jakarta
Depart the USA aboard China Airlines trans-Pacific flight. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2 - Jakarta
Arrive in Jakarta, capital of Indonesia, and transfer to your hotel. (Alila, deluxe/executive suite)
Day 3 - Jakarta/Solo City
In the morning, take a city tour, including the National Monument in the center of Jakarta City; the National Museum, which houses the world's largest collections of Southeast Asian ceramics and Javanese Hindu art; and the old port area of Sunda Kelapa, a bustling hub for inter-island trade. After lunch, fly to Solo City in central Java. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. (Novotel/Royal Surakata Heritage) (B/L)
Day 4 - Solo City/Jogjakarta
In the morning, tour Royal Mangkunegaran Palace and visit th e local market. In the afternoon, traverse the beautiful central Javanese countryside to Jogjakarta. En route, lunch at a local restaurant and visit imposing Prambanan, a 9th-century temple. (Sheraton/Hyatt Regency) (B/L)
Day 5 - Jogjakarta
A city tour in the morning. An afternoon tour takes you outside the city to Borobudur, a spectacular Buddhist temple complex. On the way, visit the Hindu temple Mendut. Enjoy a Javanese dinner with dance. (B/D)
Day 6 - Jogjakarta/Lombok
Transfer to the airport for a flight to Lombok. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. (Puri Mas Boutique/Sudamala Suites) (B)
Day 7 - Lombok
Morning tour includes Pura Meru temple, the old Royal Court Gardens at Narmada, and Holy Springs at Lingsar. Balance of the day at leisure. (B)
Day 8 - Lombok/Bali
Fly to Denpasar and transfer to your hotel. (Pelangi/Melia) (B)
Day 9 - Bali
Set off this morning on an excursion to Mt. Batur volcano in eastern Bali. Stop at Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave) in Bedulu. Upon return, stop to view the rice terraces of Sebatu and visit Gunung Kawi Temple and a woodcarvers' gallery. (B/L)
Day 10 - Bali
Full day at leisure. Late this afternoon, travel to watch the sunset from the Hindu temple at Uluwatu. Enjoy a dinner of Balinese specialties. (B/D)
Day 11 - Bali/Ubud
A half-day tour begins with a barong dance performance, followed by a visit to an art gallery in Peliatan. Continue to Ubud, where you are taken to the market in the town's center and to Sayan Gorge for a view of Ayung River. (D'bulakan Boutique/Komaneka at Bisma) (B)
Day 12 - Ubud
Today is free for optional tours or to explore galleries and shops. (B)
Day 13 - Bali/USA
Board a China Airlines flight from Denpasar to the USA, and arrive home the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - May 15|
September 16 - November 30
|May 16 - June 30||July 1-15||July 16-31||August 1-31||September 1-15||December 1-11||December 12-24||December 25-31|
|2020||January 16 - March 31||January 1-15|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $60 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via China Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip private airport transfers
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Jakarta and Solo City
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Jogjakarta, Lombok, and Ubud
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Bali
- Extensive private sightseeing tours by coach/car/boat with English-speaking guide and admission fees: half-day city tour of Jakarta, Solo City, Jogjakarta, Lombok, and Ubud; half-day tour of Borobodur; sunset Uluwatu tour with dinner; excursion to Mt. Batur
- Breakfast daily, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Hotel taxes and service charge
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If listed hotels or China Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- First-class (FC) hotels: Alila, deluxe suite (Jakarta); Novotel (Solo City); Sheraton (Jogjakarta); Puri Mas Boutique (Lombok); Pelangi Bali (Bali); D'bulakan Boutique (Ubud)
- Deluxe (D) hotels: Alila, executive suite (Jakarta); Royal Surakata Heritage (Solo City); Hyatt Regency (Jogjakarta); Sudamala Suites (Lombok); Melia (Bali); Komaneka at Bisma (Ubud)
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.