Take a 7-night trip and visit the World Heritage Sites of Korea. Start in Seoul where the tour includes visits to the Gyeongbok Palace and the beautiful Secret Garden. Next, take a full-day tour, visiting Suwon and Yeoju, where you see the Hwaseong Fortress, a UNESCO-designated World Heritage Site, and the Tomb of King Sejong the Great, a 15th-century king who presided over multiple scientific and cultural contributions. Afterward, travel to Gyeongju and see the 6th-century Seokguram Grotto. The next day, go to Suncheon and visit the 7th-century Cheomseongdae astronomical observatory. Finally, travel back to Seoul, where you have a full day to enjoy at your leisure. Starting from $3795, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - Los Angeles/Seoul
Depart Los Angeles via Cathay Pacific Airways to Seoul. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2 - Seoul
Arrive in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. Transfer to your hotel. (Ibis Ambassador/Grand Ambassador)
Day 3 - Seoul
A full-day tour includes Gyeongbok Palace, Jogyesa Temple, Changdeok Palace, the National Folk Museum, Secret Garden,and Insadong Street. At night, visit Korea House, and taste Korean food while enjoying a traditional performance. (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Suwon & Yeoju
Travel to Suwon and visit the imposing Hwaseong Fortress, a Wolrd Heritage site. Then visit Korean Folk Village, where the traditional Korean lifestyle is displayed authentically. Continue to Yeoju and visit the Tomb of King Sejong the Great, the 15th-century king credited with multiple scientific and cultural contributions. Return to Seoul in the late afternoon. (B)
Day 5 - Seoul/Gyeongju
In the morning, travel east to Gyeongju. Afternoon tour takes you to the 6th-century Bulguksa Temple of the Silla Kingdom and Seokguram Grotto. (Commodore/Hyundai) (B)
Day 6 - Gyeongju/Suncheon
Today's sightseeing starts at the royal tombs at Tumuli Park. Visit Anapji Pond, the 7th-century Cheomseongdae astronomical observatory, and the National Museum. Transfer to Suncheon on the south coast of the Korean Peninsula. (Suncheon Royal/Ecograd) (B)
Day 7 - Suncheon/Seoul
In the morning visit Seonamsa Buddhist Temple, which is perched on the secluded mountain sides overlooking the sea. Then enter the Korean walled community of Naganeupseong, originally built to prevent Japanese pirates' intrusion. In the afternoon, travel back to Seoul. (Ibis Ambassador/Grand Ambassador) (B)
Day 8 - Seoul
Today you have a full day free to enjoy the bustling city of Seoul. Make sure that you watch the Royal Guard Changing Ceremony, which happens three times daily except Monday, not far from your hotel. (B)
Day 9 - Seoul/Los Angeles
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Los Angeles. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - May 23|
August 15 - December 9
|May 24 - August 14||December 10-31|
|2020||January 1 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $75 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Cathay Pacific Airways coach class from Los Angeles
- Round trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 5 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Seoul
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Gyeongju and in Suncheon
- Hotel taxes and service charges included
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: full-day city tour of Seoul, two half-day tours of Gyeongju, half-day tour of Suncheon, full-day tour of Suwon and Yeoju
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Ibis Ambassador (Seoul), Commodore (Gyeongju), Suncheon Royal (Suncheon)
- Deluxe (D): Grand Ambassador Downtown (Seoul), Hyundai (Gyeongju), Ecograd (Suncheon)
- If above hotels or Cathay Pacific Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.