Take a 6-night trip and travel to Ecuador, with a cruise of discovery to the Galapagos Islands. Start in Quito, where you take a tour of the town and see its colonial history. From Quito, take a flight to Baltra Airport in the Galapagos. Board your Galapagos cruise and visit various islands of the Galapagos. See the vibrant flora and fauna that inspired Darwin’s theory of evolution. Enjoy the amenities of your cruise and optional snorkeling. Finally, return to Quito, before flying back to the US. Starting from $4425, including air, with departures from Miami every Saturday.
Day 1, Saturday - Miami/Quito
Depart Miami via Avianca Airlines for Quito, Ecuador. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. (Dann Carlton/Sheraton)
Day 2, Sunday - Quito
In the morning, tour the largest historical center in the Americas. Visit important churches, guardians of a stunning multi-ethnic artistic and cultural heritage. Tour colonial quarter, Congress building, and Old Town. (B)
Day 3, Monday - Quito/Galapagos
Early morning transfer to airport for your flight to Baltra Airport, Galapagos. Upon arrival, transfer to pier to board the M/V Galapagos Legend. Afternoon, sail to Santa Cruz and make a dry landing. Transfer to the highlands, home to a natural reserve with giant tortoises. Visit Pit Craters, a great place to spot the vermilion flycatcher. (Standard plus cabin/Junior suite) (B/D)
Day 4, Tuesday - Galapagos Cruise
Land on Santiago at Egas Port, home to a variety of birds and array of marine wildlife. Colonies of endemic fur seals are also a highlight. Snorkeling offers rarities such as octopus and squid. Afternoon, make a dry or wet landing at Bartolome. Hike to the summit for views of the surrounding islands. Encounter marine iguanas and lava lizards. Beach time is an opportunity to snorkel and see Galapagos penguins, sea turtles, white-tipped reef sharks, and colorful fish. (B/L/D)
Day 5, Wednesday - Galapagos Cruise
Arrive at Santa Cruz and make a dry landing. Walk by a brackish lagoon, where you may see feeding flamingos. The trail leads up to Dragon Hill, a nesting ground for endemic land iguanas and offering views of neighboring islands. The forest is home to mockingbirds, Darwin's finches, yellow warblers and Galapagos doves. Sail to North Seymour and make a dry landing this afternoon. A two-hour walk takes you amidst large nesting colonies of the blue-footed boobies, magnificent and great frigate birds, and swallow-tailed gulls. Encounter sea lions, land iguanas, and, perhaps, a Galapagos Snake. (B/L/D)
Day 6, Thursday - Galapagos/Quito
Disembark and transfer to the airport for flight to Quito. Arrive and transfer to hotel. (Dann Carlton/Sheraton) (B)
Day 7, Friday - Quito/Miami
Transfer to the airport for return flight to Miami via Avianca Airlines. (B)
Cruise itinerary is subject to change due to departure date, weather, or other circumstances beyond our control and is made at the discretion of the crew to assure the well-being of passengers.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 2, 901/02, 01/09|
|$2230 FC$2,230 FC|
|$2580 D$2,580 D||January 16, 23, 3001/16, 01/23, 01/30|
February 6, 13, 20, 2702/06, 02/13, 02/20, 02/27
March 6, 13, 20, 2703/06, 03/13, 03/20, 03/27
|$1620 FC$1,620 FC|
|$1890 D$1,890 D|
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Land & Air prices are per person double occupancy via Avianca Airlines from Miami. Land Only prices include internal airfares.
- Rates are not valid for Easter, Christmas, New Year, or some other holidays.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip international airfare via Avianca Airlines coach class from Miami
- Round trip domestic airfare, coach class, from Quito
- Round trip airport transfers
- 3 nights' stay in a double occupancy room in Quito
- 3 nights' stay on board your M/V Galapagos Legend ship
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car/cruise with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day tour of Quito, cruising and shore excursions as per itinerary, opportunities for swimming and snorkeling
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Dann Carlton (Quito), Standard Plus Cabin (MV Galapagos Legend)
- Deluxe (D): Sheraton (Quito), Junior Suite (MV Galapagos Legend)
- If above hotels or Avianca Airlines is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs' season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.