Take a 10-night trip featuring an Argentina-to-Chile lake crossing. Starting your adventure in Buenos Aires, where you visit the famous squares of Plaza de Mayo and Plaza del Congreso. Fly to Bariloche in the foothills of the Andes and take an excursion along the coast of Lake Nahuel Huapi. Afterward, transfer to Puerto Panuelo and board the boat for your Argentina-Chile lake crossing. Upon arrival in Puerto Blest, proceed to Puerto Alegre, where you board another launch across Lake Frias to Puerto Frias. Then transfer to Peulla for overnight. Cruise spectacular Lake Todos Los Santos, arriving in Petrohue to end your lake crossing. Transfer to Puerto Varas and then Puerto Montt for a flight to Santiago, the capital of Chile, and see the Plaza de Armas and Santa Lucia Hill. Spend a day at leisure exploring Santiago before returning to the US. Starting from $2990, including air, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Miami/Buenos Aires
Depart Miami in the evening via Avianca Airlines for Buenos Aires.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires
Arrive in Buenos Aires and transfer to hotel. (Kenton Palace/Recoleta Grand)
Day 3 - Buenos Aires
Morning city tour includes the Obelisco; the famous squares Plaza de Mayo, Alvear and Plaza del Congreso; avenues Corrientes, Mayo and 9 de Julio; historic neighborhoods; and commercial and financial districts. Afternoon free. (B)
Day 4 - Buenos Aires
After breakfast, a day at leisure. This evening, dinner and tango show in a traditional "tangueria." (B/D)
Day 5 - Buenos Aires/Bariloche
After breakfast, fly to Bariloche, in the foothills of the Andes. Arrive and transfer to hotel. (Edelweiss/Llao Llao) (B)
Day 6 - Bariloche
Begin a half-day scenic excursion, mainly along the coast of Lake Nahuel Huapi. Stop at Bonita Beach en route to Mount Campanario, taking a chairlift to the peak. Continue to Llao Llao Peninsula and Puerto Panuelo. Cross the bridge over Lake Moreno and follow the coast of Trebol Lagoon back to the city. (B)
Day 7 - Bariloche/Peulla
Transfer by bus to Puerto Panuelo. Board a launch and sail Lake Nahuel Huapi to begin your Argentina-Chile lake crossing. Arrive in Puerto Blest. Proceed by bus to Puerto Alegre. Board another launch and sail Lake Frias to Puerto Frias. After Argentine immigration and customs, continue on by bus, crossing the border into Chile over the Perez Rosales Pass. Arrive in Peulla. Transfer to your hotel. (Natura) (B/D)
Day 8 - Peulla/Puerto Varas
After breakfast, transfer to the pier to board a launch and cruise the spectacular Lake Todos Los Santos. After a two-hour journey, arrive in Petrohue to end your lake crossing. Then travel by bus, stopping in Vicente Perez Rosales National Park for breathtaking views of Osorno Volcano and Llanquihue Lake. Transfer to Puerto Varas. (Cabana del Lago) (B)
Day 9 - Puerto Varas/Puerto Montt/Santiago
After breakfast, a day at leisure. Transfer to airport at Puerto Montt for flight to Santiago. Arrive and transfer to hotel. (Plaza el Basque Nueva Las Condes/Sheraton) (B)
Day 10 - Santiago
Morning city tour includes Club Hipico, a beautiful horse-racing track; the main square, Plaza de Armas; sights on the main avenue, "Alameda"; Cerro San Cristobal, for a city view; and Santa Lucia Hill. (B)
Day 11 - Santiago
Full day on your own. (B)
Day 12 - Santiago/Miami
Fly Avianca Airlines to Miami. (B)
Day 13 - Miami
Arrive Miami in the morning.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1 - May 31||June 1-30||July 1-31||August 1-20||August 21 - December 9||December 10-31|
|2020||January 1-15||January 16 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Land & Air prices are per person double occupancy via Avianca Airlines from Miami for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $50 each way.
- Land Only prices include internal airfares.
- Rates are not valid for Easter, Christmas, New Year, Carnival, or some other holidays.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip airfare via Avianca Airlines coach class from Miami
- Inter-Latin America airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip seat-in-coach airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Buenos Aires and Santiago
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Bariloche
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Peulla and Puerto Varas
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day city tour of Buenos Aires, tango show and dinner; half-day scenic excursion along the coast of Lake Nahuel Huapi; Argentina-Chile cruise, including sail to Puerto Blest, Puerto Frias, and Petrohue; visit to Vicente Perez Rosales National Park; half-day city tour of Santiago
- Breakfast daily, 2 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Kenton Palace (Buenos Aires), Edelweiss (Bariloche), Natura (Peulla), Cabana del Lago (Puerto Varas), Plaza el Bosque Nueva Las Condes (Santiago)
- Deluxe (D): Recoleta Grand (Buenos Aires), Llao Llao (Bariloche), Natura (Peulla), Cabana del Lago (Puerto Varas), Sheraton (Santiago)
- If above hotels or Avianca Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.