Take a 7-night trip and visit the island of Taiwan, starting with Taipei, where your tour includes the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall and the National Palace Museum. Later, board a coach to legendary Sun Moon Lake and see various temples and pagodas along the lake. Next, travel to Kaohsiung, visiting Fo Guang Shan Temple, the country’s largest Buddhist monastery, en route. The next day, visit Kenting National Park and continue to Taitung. Travel the East Coast National Scenic Area to Hualien and visit Taroko Gorge. Finally, return to Taipei before traveling back to the US. Starting from $2020, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1, Friday - Los Angeles/Taipei
Depart via China Airlines trans-Pacific flight for Taipei. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2, Saturday - Taipei
Arrive in Taipei, government seat of Republic of China. Transfer to your hotel. (Howard Plaza/Regent)
Day 3, Sunday - Taipei
Breakfast at hotel. Morning tour includes Martyrs' Shrine, the National Palace Museum, and Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. Afternoon is free. In the evening, enjoy Mongolian barbecue at a local restaurant. Visit Lunshan Temple, Hwahsi Night Market, and Taipei 1010. (B/D)
Day 4, Monday - Taipei/Sun Moon Lake
Travel to scenic Sun Moon Lake, situated in the lofty mountains of central Taiwan. Tour around the lake, viisting the famous Wenwu Temple or Literature Warrior Temple, Holy Monk Shrine, and Tse-En Pagoda. Afterward, check in to hotel. Overnight at Sun Moon Lake. (Fleur de Chine) (B)
Day 5, Tuesday - Sun Moon Lake/Fo Guang Shan Temple/Kaohsiung
Drive south to Fo Guang Shan, Taiwan's famous monastery. During the walking tour, learn about Buddhism and visit the main shrine, viewing a huge Buddhist statue that overlooks the temple and valley. Continue to Kaohsiung, where a brief city tour takes you to the former British Consulate, Love River, and Lio Ho night market. (Grand Hi-Lai) (B)
Day 6, Wednesday - Kaohsiung/Kenting/Taitung
This morning visit Kenting National Park, located at Taiwan's southern tip and bordered by 37 miles of coral-rimmed shoreline. Stop at Oluanpi lighthouse, Maopitou coast scenic area, and Kenting forest recreation area. Continue to Taitung via Southern Link Highway. (Royal Chihpen) (B)
Day 7, Thursday - Taitung/Hualien
Begin touring the exciting East Coast National Scenic Area, stretching a little over 100 miles down the east coast. Stop at Siaoyeliou, Sansientai, Stone Steps, and Caves of the Eight Immortals. Arrive at Hualien. (Silks Place) (B)
Day 8, Friday - Hualien/Taroko Gorge/Taipei
Full-day visit to Taroko National Park, where beautiful Taroko Gorge is cut deep into mountains of solid marble. Stops include Eternal Spring Shrine, Swallow Grotto, Tunnel of Nine Turns, Marble Bridge, Tienhsiang, and a marble factory. Return to Taipei via Su Hwa Highway. (Howard Plaza/Regent) (B)
Day 9, Saturday - Taipei/Los Angeles
Board China Airlines flight to return to the US, arriving home the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - May 15|
August 1 - November 30
|May 16 - July 15|
December 1-11, 25-31
|2020||January 1 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via China Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Local airfare as per itinerary
- Round trip hotel transfers
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Taipei
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Sun Moon Lake, Kaohsiung, Taitung, and Hualien
- Hotel taxes and service charges included
- Seat-in-coach sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day city tour of Taipei; tours of Sun Moon Lake, Fo Guang Shan Temple, Kaohsiung, Kenting National Park, and East Coast National Scenic Area; full-day tour of Taroko National Park
- Breakfast daily, 1 dinner
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Howard Plaza (Taipei), Fleur de Chine (Sun Moon Lake), Grand Hi-Lai (Kaohsiung), Royal Chihpen (Taitung), Silks Place (Hualien)
- Deluxe (D): Regent (Taipei), Fleur de Chine (Sun Moon Lake), Grand Hi-Lai (Kaohsiung), Royal Chihpen (Taitung), Silks Place (Hualien)
- If above hotels or China Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.