Take a 9-night trip and visit the major destinations of Thailand on this journey of discovery. Start in Bangkok and see the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Golden Buddha. Also, enjoy a day at leisure to explore this fascinating city on your own. Next, fly to Chiang Mai, where you visit Wat Doi Suthep and other highlights of the city and its temples. Take a full-day excursion to Chiang Rai in the Golden Triangle. Next, fly to Phuket and enjoy a full-day excursion to Phang Nga Bay, a national maritime park. Then enjoy a day at leisure to explore the island or relax on the beach. Finally, take an optional Angkor Wat extension or return to the US, Starting from $2810, including air, with guaranteed weekly departures.
Day 1 – Los Angeles/Bangkok
Depart the US via China Airlines trans-Pacific flight for Bangkok. Cross International Date Line en route.
Day 2 – Bangkok
Arrive in Bangkok. Transfer to your hotel. (Century Park/Avani Riverside)
Day 3 – Bangkok
Morning, tour the Grand Palace. Afternoon, visit some of the most renowned Buddhist temples: the Temple of the Golden Buddha and the huge Reclining Buddha at Wat Po. (B)
Day 4 - Bangkok/Chiang Mai
After breakfast, fly to Chiang Mai. Transfer to your hotel. (Chiang Mai Empress/Rati Lanna Riverside) (B)
Day 5 - Chiang Mai
Half-day tour features highlights of the city and its temples. Visit the mountain temple Wat Doi Suthep, which features a gleaming golden chedi (spired pagoda). Pass the city’s biggest market, Waroros, and visit Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Phra Singh. (B)
Day 6 - Chiang Rai
Today, take a full-day excursion to the Golden Triangle, where Laos, Myanmar and Thailand meet. En route to the northern city of Chiang Rai, visit the hot springs at Mai Kajan before continuing on to Mai Sai. After lunch, proceed to Chiang Saen for a museum and temple visit. Return to Chiang Mai. (B/L)
Day 7 - Chiang Mai/Phuket
Transfer to the airport for flight to Phuket. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. (Best Western Bangtao/Katathani) (B)
Day 8 – Phuket
Full-day excursion to Phang Nga Bay, a national marine park. Travel by speedboat and discover the amazing landscapes at Panak and Hong islands. Continue to Tapu Island, where the James Bond movie “The Man with the Golden Gun” was filmed, and to Ping-gan Island. After lunch, continue to Hai Nai Island, where you may snorkel, swim, or relax on the beach. Return to the marina. (B/L)
Day 9 - Phuket
Full day at leisure to explore on your own. Or just relax on the beach. (B)
Day 10 - Phuket/Bangkok
Transfer to the airport for flight to Bangkok. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. (Century Park/Avani Riverside) (B)
Day 11 - Bangkok/Los Angeles
Board China Airlines flight for return to the US, where you arrive home the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $60 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via China Airlines coach class
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- Round trip airport transfers
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Bangkok
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Chiang Mai
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Phuket
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: full-day city tour of Bangkok; half-day city tour of Chiang Mai; full-day excursion to Chiang Rai; full-day tour to Phang Nga Bay from Phuket
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Century Park (Bangkok), Chiang Mai Empress (Chiang Mai), Best Western Bangtao Beach (Phuket)
- Deluxe (D): Avani Riverside (Bangkok), Rati Lanna Riverside (Chiang Mai), Katathani (Phuket)
- If above hotels or China Airlines is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credits card accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.