Take a 5-night trip and discover Myanmar, formerly known as Burma. Arrive in Yangon, where your afternoon tour includes a sunset visit to the 2,500-year-old Shwe Dagon Pagoda. The following day, fly to Mandalay, center of Burmese culture, and visit Sagaing, withi its 600 monasteries, stupas, and temple caves on the hills nearby. Next, fly to Bagan, the city of 13,000 temples. Also, visit Mt. Popa, an extinct volcano crowned with shrines at the peak, 777 stairs up from its base. Afterward, fly to Yangon for another night and more sightseeing, Starting from $1380, land and air between cities in Myanmar, with guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - Yangon
Arrive in Yangon in Burma (now called Myanmar), and transfer to your hotel. Afternoon tour includes a sunset visit to the 2,500-year-old Shwe Dagon Pagoda and its 325-foot central stupa sheathed in gold. (Chatrium/Sule Shangri-La/Governor's Residence)
Day 2 - Yangon/Mandalay
Early morning flight to Mandalay. Full-day sightseeing in Mandalay, home of the largest marble Buddha in the world and center for Burmese art, architecture and handicrafts. (Sedona/Sedona/Rupar Mandalar) (B/L/D)
Day 3 - Mandalay/Bagan
Morning flight to Bagan, the city of 13,000 temples. Full-day sightseeing includes a memorable experience at Bupaya Pagoda for a panoramic view over the Ayeyarwady River and the many ancient monuments that make this one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia. (Tharabar Gate/Bagan Lodge/Aureum Palace) (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Bagan
Continue touring Bagan and its surroundings. Take an excursion overland to the sacred Mt. Popa, an extinct volcano crowned with shrines at the peak, 777 stairs up from its base. (B/L/D)
Day 5 - Bagan/Yangon
Return to Yangon by air. More sightseeing in Yangon. (Chatrium/Sule Shangri-La/Governor's Residence) (B/L)
Day 6 - Yangon
Transfer to airport for your departure flight. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||May 1 - September 30||April 1-30|
October 1 - December 31
|2020||January 1 - March 31|
Scroll right for more info »»
- Domestic air from Yangon to Mandalay to Bagan and return to Yangon
- Transfers between hotel and airport in each city
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Yangon and in Bagan
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Mandalay
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive private sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: two half-day tours of Yangon, full-day and half-day tour of Bagan including Mt. Popa, and full-day tour of Mandalay
- Breakfast daily, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Chatrium (Yangon), Sedona (Mandalay), Tharabar Gate (Bagan)
- Deluxe (D): Sule Shangri-La (Yangon), Sedona (Mandalay), Bagan Lodge (Bagan)
- Luxury (L): Governor's Residence (Yangon), Rupar Mandalar (Mandalay) Aureum Palace (Bagan)
- If above hotels are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards ccepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.