Embark on a 10-night trip to Japan, starting with a stop in Tokyo to see the Imperial Palace Plaza and Tokyo Tower. The following day takes you to Nikko, where your tour includes Kirifuri Waterfall and Toshogu Shrine. Another day trip takes you to Kamakura, where you visit Hasedera Temple, and to Enoshima, where you take the Escar up to Enoshima Shrine. Next, drive to Hakone, with a stop along the slope of Mt. Fuji and a cruise on Lake Ashi. Take a bullet train to Nagoya and then into the Japanese Alps and Takayama. Next, take a scenic route and visit World Heritage Sites in Takayama and Kanazawa. Travel by train to Kyoto. The next day a local train takes you to Osaka, where you have a walking tour. Go by train to Osaka Castle and take a boat cruise. Return to Kyoto, visiting the Golden Pavilion and taking an excursion to Nara. The next day, fly back to the US. Starting from $4,970, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1, Sunday - Los Angeles/Tokyo
Depart the USA via Singapore Airlines trans-Pacific flight for Tokyo. Cross the International Date Line en route.
Day 2, Monday - Tokyo
Arrive at Narita Airport and transfer to your hotel. (Shiba Park/Keio Plaza)
Day 3, Tuesday - Tokyo
Full-day excursion includes a panoramic view of the city from atop Tokyo Tower, a tea ceremony, a Japanese-style lunch, a boat ride up the Sumida River, and visits to the Imperial Palace Plaza and the colorful Asakusa Kannon Temple. (B/L)
Day 4, Wednesday - Nikko
Full-day excursion to Nikko, visiting the splendidly restored Tamozawa Imperial Villa, the spectacular Toshogu Shrine, Rinnoji Treasure Museum and Shoyo Garden, and Kirifuri Waterfall. (B/L)
Day 5, Thursday - Kamakura & Enoshima
Today, travel by coach to the ancient city of Kamakura and the small island of Enoshima. In Kamakura, visit the Great Buddha at Kotoku-in Temple, the Jomyo-ju Temple for a green tea experience, and Hokoku-ju Temple, famous for its bamboo grove. After lunch, continue to Enoshima, where the Escar(escalator) takes you up to Enoshima Shrine. Return to Tokyo. (B/L)
Day 6, Friday - Tokyo/Hakone
Depart via motorcoach for a scenic drive up the slope of Mt. Fuji to the historic Hakone Barrier. Take a cruise on azure Lake Ashi and ride the Mt. Komagatake Aerial Cableway. Overnight stay in the Hakone hot springs resort area. (Yumoto Fujiya) (B/L)
Day 7, Saturday - Hakone/Takayama
Bullet train to Nagoya, and then into the Japanese Alps and charming Takayama, so called "Little Kyoto." This afternoon, visit the Kusakabe Folk Museum and the traditional woodeen houses of old Kami Sannomachi Town. (Hida Plaza) (B)
Day 8, Sunday - Takayama/Kanazawa
This morning, depart along a scenic route to Gokayama and visit Ainokura, a World Heritage Site because of its historic farmhouses. The mountain village is also known for its washi papermaking and traditional culture. After lunch in Shirakawago, another World Heritage Site, transfer to Kanazawa. (Kanazawa/Nikko) (B/L)
Day 9, Monday - Kanazawa/Kyoto
Morning tour includes Higashi-chaya District and Tentoku-in Temple. Stroll through Nagamachi district, known for its historic samurai-class. Afterward, take a train to Kyoto. (Karasuma/Okura) (B)
Day 10, Tuesday - Osaka
Take a local train to Osaka this morning. On a walking tour, visit Osaka's famous sights and learn about the city's history and Osaka today. In the Umeda district, vsit Aerial Garden Observatory, a floating garden where you can enjoy the sky and panoramic views. After a western-style lunch, transfer by train and visit Osaka Castle. Then relax and enjoy the scenery of Osaka on a one-hour boat cruise. Return to Kyoto for overnight. (B/L)
Day 11, Wednesday - Kyoto
Morning city tour to Golden Pavilion, Nijojo Castle, and Imperial Palace. Afternoon excursion by motorcoach to the ancient capital of Nara to visit Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Shrine, and Deer Park. (B/L)
Day 12, Thursday - Kyoto/Los Angeles
Transfer via train to airport for your Singapore Airlines flight to Los Angeles. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 3, 10, 17, 24, 3101/03, 01/10, 01/17, 01/24, 01/31|
February 7, 14, 21, 2802/07, 02/14, 02/21, 02/28
|$1080 FC$1,080 FC|
|$2025 D$2,025 D||March 14, 21, 2803/14, 03/21, 03/28|
|$1080 FC$1,080 FC|
|$2025 D$2,025 D|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
- Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Singapore Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Round trip airport transfers
- Bullet train transfers
- 4 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Tokyo
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Kyoto
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Hakone, Takayama, and Kanazawa
- Hotel taxes and service charges included
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day tours of Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Takayama, Gokayama, and Kanazawa; half-day tour of Mt. Fuji and Lake Ashi; full-day tour of Kamakura and Yokohama; full-day tour of Osaka; and full-day tour of Nikko
- Daily breakfast, 7 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Shiba Park (Tokyo), Yumoto Fujiya (Hakone), Hida Plaza (Takayama), Kanazawa (Kanazawa), Karasuma (Kyoto)
- Deluxe (D): Keio Plaza (Tokyo), Yumoto Fujiya (Hakone), Hida Plaza (Takayama), Nikko (Kanazawa), Okura (Kyoto)
- If above hotels or Singapore Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credits card accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.