Take a 10-night trip and travel to Myanmar, formerly known as Burma. En route, stop over in Bangkok, where you have a city and temple tour and overnight. Upon arrival in Yangon, take a sunset tour of the 2,500-year-old Shwe Dagon Pagoda. The next day, sightseeing includes Sule Pagoda and the National Museum. Fly to Mandalay, center of Burmese culture, and visit Sagaing, with its 600 monasteries, stupas, pagodas and temple caves. Next, fly to Bagan, the city of 13,000 temples, and visit some of the most important temples and pagodas. The following day, fly to Heho and drive to Kalaw, a beautiful resort town. From there, journey to Taunggyi, en route viewing the 6,000 Buddha statues of Pindaya. Afterward, proceed to Nyaung Shwe on Inle Lake for a night. Finally, transit through Yangon on your way back to the US. Starting from $3845, including air, with guaranteed weekly departures.
Day 1 - Los Angeles/Bangkok
Depart the USA on your China Airlines trans-Pacific flight for Bangkok. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2 - Bangkok
Upon arrival in Bangkok you are transferred to your hotel. (Century Park/Avani Riverside)
Day 3 - Bangkok
After a morning of leisure, an afternoon city tour includes the Temple of the Golden Buddha, Marble Temple, and the colossal Reclining Buddha at Wat Po. (B)
Day 4 - Bangkok/Yangon
Fly to Yangon (Rangoon), the capital city of Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). Upon arrival transfer to your hotel. Afternoon sightseeing includes a sunset visit to the 2,500-year-old Shwe Dagon Pagoda and it 325-foot central stupa sheathed in gold. (Chatrium/Sule Shangri-La) (B)
Day 5 - Yangon
Full-day sightseeing tour includes Sule Pagoda, Botataung Pagoda, Kyauktagyi Pagoda, National Museum and Bogyoke Market. (B/L)
Day 6 - Yangon/Mandalay
Fly this morning to Mandalay, home of the largest marble Buddha in the world and center for Burmese art, architecture and handicrafts. Transfer to your hotel. (Sedona) (B/L/D)
Day 7 - Mandalay
Excursion to the outlying environs of Mandalay. Visit Sagaing with its 600 monasteries, stupas, pagodas and temple caves on the hills nearby. (B/L/D)
Day 8 - Mandalay/Bagan
Fly this morning to Bagan, "the city of 13,000 temples." Visit some of the most important temples and pagodas, including Bupaya Pagoda for a panoramic view of the Ayeyarwadi River. (Tharabar Gate/Bagan Lodge) (B/L/D)
Day 9 - Bagan/Heho/Kalaw
This morning's activities include a stop a the colorful Nyaung Oo Market. In the early afternoon, fly to Heho. Then drive overland to Kalaw, a summer resort set amidst a pine forest. Check in to your hotel. (Amara Resort) (B/L/D)
Day 10 - Kalaw/Pindaya/Taunggyi/Inle Lake
Journey to Taunggyi, en route viewing the more than 6,000 Buddha statues of Pindaya. Visit the market at Taunggyi and the Shan Museum. Afterward proceed to Nyaung Shwe on Inle Lake for overnight. (Myanmar Treasure/Inle Lake View) (B/L/D)
Day 11 - Inle Lake/Yangon
A morning boat trip on the lake passes the floating gardens and provides a look at the lake's famous "leg-rowers." Return flight from Heho to Yangon. (Chatrium/Sule Shangri-La) (B/L/D)
Day 12 - Yangon/USA
Fly China Airlines back to the US and arrive home the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - April 30||May 1-15||May 16 - July 15||July 16-31||August 1 - September 30||October 1 - November 30||December 1-10||December 11-31|
|2020||January 1-15||January 16 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $60 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via China Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip airport transfers
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Yangon
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Bangkok and Mandalay
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Bagan, Kalaw, Inle Lake
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each city: half-day city tours of Bangkok and Yangon; full-day tours in Yangon and Mandalay; tour of Bagan; tour of Pindaya and Taunggyi; boat trip on Inle Lake
- Breakfast daily, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If above hotels or China Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ
- Transfers are private in Myanmar and seat-in-coach in Bangkok
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.