Take a 5-night trip to Panama and see the remarkable Panama Canal. Start in Panama City, seeing the historic side of this former colonial town. From there, travel to the Panama Canal and see how this intricate system of canals ferries huge ships from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Next, travel to the Gamboa Rainforest for a look at the wildlife and birds. Finally, before transiting through Panama City on your way home, take a trip upriver to the Embera Indigenous Village to learn how the locals live in the jungle, Starting from $1880, including air, with weekly departures.
Day 1, Thursday - Miami/Panama City
Depart Miami via Avianca Airlines for Panama City. On arrival, transfer to hotel. (Crowne Plaza/Le Meridien)
Day 2, Friday - Panama City
Full-day tour begins with a visit to the historic cities of Old Panama and Casco Viejo and to the Old Panama Museum. Continue to the Panama Canal's Miraflores locks, where large ships transit the canal. After lunch, tour the canal area, including Balboa, the canal’s Pacific-side port. (B/L)
Day 3, Saturday - Panama Canal Transit
The tour highlight is today's partial Panama Canal crossing. Drive to Gamboa, board the Pacific Queen, enter Gaillard cut, and sail to Pedro Miguel Locks, viewing the Centennial Bridge en route. Sail to Miraflores Lake and to the final set of locks before the Pacific. Pass under Bridge of the Americas and admire the Bay of Panama and Panama City skyline before disembarking at Flamenco. Return to Gamboa by bus, and then to your hotel. (Gamboa Rainforest, standard/deluxe river view) (B/L)
Day 4, Sunday - Gamboa Rainforest
Take optional tours for birdwatching, wildlife safari, canopy aerial tram and view fauna and flora exhibits at the resort. (B)
Day 5, Monday - Embera Indigenous Village
Travel upriver through the rainforest of the Chagres National Park via motorized piragua (dugout canoe). Arrive at Embera Drua, where indigenous Embera Indians have lived for centuries. Greeted by villagers, you are immersed in ancient Embera dance and music and traditional crafts. See a variety of birds and wildlife and pass sparkling waterfalls. After a traditional lunch, head back to Panama City. (Crowne Plaza/Le Meridien) (B/L)
Day 6, Tuesday - Panama City/Miami
Transfer to airport for your flight to Miami. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1-1001/01 - 01/10|
|$1090 FC$1,090 FC|
|$1125 D$1,125 D||January 11 - March 31
01/11 - 03/31|
|$1010 FC$1,010 FC|
|$1045 D$1,045 D|
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Land & Air prices are per person double occupancy via Avianca Airlines from Miami.
- Rates are not valid during some special holidays.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip international airfare via Avianca Airlines coach class from Miami
- Round trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Panama City
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Gamboa Rainforest Resort
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: morning tour of historical cities of Old Panama and Casco Viejo, partial Panama Canal Transit, Lake Alajuela crossing, canoe ride to Embera Drua
- Breakfast daily, 3 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Crowne Plaza (Panama City), Gamboa Rainforest Resort, standard room (Gamboa Rainforest)
- Deluxe (D): Le Meridien (Panama City), Gamboa Rainforest Resort, deluxe river view room (Gamboa Rainforest)
- If above hotels or Avianca Airlines isre not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.