Take an 8-night trip and visit the islands of Vanuatu. Start in Port Vila for a three-night stay, where you take in the history and lifestyle of this Melanesian island and relax on the beach at the hotel spa, or do some snorkeling. Also, see remnants of the US presence from World War II. Next, travel to Tanna, where you take a 4-wheel drive safari to view the Yasur volcano and experience the traditional culture and enjoy a day at leisure. From there, fly back to Port Vila for two more nights and time at leisure before returning to the US. Starting from $3920, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - Los Angeles/Port Vila
Board Fiji Airways flight for Port Vila, Vanuatu, in the South Pacific.
Day 2 - En Route
Cross International Date Line.
Day 3 - Nadi/Port Vila
Arrive in Nadi and connect with onward flight to Port Vila, Vanuatu's capital and main city. Upon arrival in Port Vila, transfer to hotel. (Iririki, island fare)
Day 4 - Port Vila
Today's half-day tour presents an introduction to Port Vila. Your coach skirts the scenic waterfront and takes the Lini Highway into town. Drive past the new Parliament House, local markets, the main shopping areas and the town's distinctive older buildings. (B)
Day 5 - Port Vila
Full day at leisure. Relax on the beach or at the hotel spa, or some snorkeling. (B)
Day 6 - Port Vila/Tanna
Transfer to the airport for a short flight to Tanna. Afternoon tour to expeience the ancient magic rituals practiced by a warrior tribe in the highlands of Tanna, including a kava tasting. (Evergreen, garden upper vila) (B)
Day 7 - Tanna
Full-day 4-wheel-drive safari to view Vanuatu's Mt. Yasur volcano. Visit the volcano's moon-like ash plain and receive a traditional cultural welcome. Transfer to the therapeutic mud pools and learn about their therapeutic qualities. Traditional lunch and oppotrunity for swimming on a white sandy beach. Relax in hot water pools and walk into volcano steam caves. Enjoy an incredible sunset before returning to your hotel for a barbecue dinner. (B/L/D)
Day 8 - Tanna
Full day at leisure. Engage in some water sports or just relax on the beach. (B)
Day 9 - Tanna/Port Vila
Fly to Port Vila. Arrive and transfer to hotel. (Warwick, lagoon view room) (B)
Day 10 - Port Vila
Full day at leisure. Relax at the pool or at the hotel spa, or enjoy some water sports. (B)
Day 11 - Port Vila/Los Angeles
Transfer to airport and fly Fiji Airways to the US. Arrive home the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - June 14|
July 25 - December 14
|June 15 - July 24|
|2020||January 11 - March 31||January 1-10|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Fiji Airways coach class from Los Angeles
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip airport transfers
- 3 nights stay in an island fare at Iririki in Port Vila
- 3 nights stay in a garden upper vila at Evergreen in Tanna
- 2 nights stay in a lagoon view room at Warwick in Port Vila
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day tour of Port Vila, afternoon tour in the highlands of Tanna, full-day 4-wheel-drive safari to view Vanuatu's Mt. Yasur volcano
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If above hotels or Fiji Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.