Take a 7-night trip, starting your journey to the island nation of Sri Lanka in Colombo. Travel to Sigiriya, where you visit an elephant orphanage and view ancient frescoes. Next, leave for Polonnaruwa, the medieval capital of Sri Lanka. Visit its many archaeological and historical sites, including the Quadrangle that encloses remains of the Royal Palace. Then, travel to Kandy and visit the Royal Botanical Gardens and a gem museum. Next, travel to Nuwara Eliya, also known as Little England, and enjoy a cup of the world-famous “Ceylon tea.” Afterward, travel to Bentota and see the waterfalls of Devon and St. Claire en route. Finally, return to Colombo and tour the capital city before your flight back to the US. Starting from $1590 for Land Only.
Day 1 - Arrive Colombo
Arrive in Colombo and transfer to your hotel. (Cinnamon Lakeside/Hilton) (D)
Day 2 - Colombo/Sigiriya/Habarana
After breakfast, depart overland for Sigiriya. En route, visit the elephant orphanage at Pinnawela and stop at Cadjugama, where cadjunuts and king coconuts are sold in roadside stalls. After sundown, climb the 5th-century Rock Fortress of Sigiriya and admire ancient frescoes, Mirror Wall, and Lion's Paw. Overnight in nearby Habarana. (Cinnamon Lodge) (B/D)
Day 3 - Habarana/Polonnaruwa/Kandy
After breakfast, leave for Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka's medieval capital. Visit excavated and restored Quadrangle that encloses remains of the Royal Palace, temples, and the Hindu shrine Siva Devalaya. See the Buddhist shrine Gal Viharaya and the Alahana Pirivena complex. Continue on to Kandy, en route visiting Dambulla Cave temple, a spice garden and a batik factory. (Grand Kandyan) (B/D)
Day 4 - Kandy
After breakfast take a tour of this "town on the hills," including the Royal Botanical Gardens and a gem museum. In the evening, attend a performance of traditional Kandyan dancers and drummers, and visit the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha. (B/D)
Day 5 - Kandy/Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast, depart for Nuwara Eliya, "little England," through breathtaking Ramboda Pass. Visit a tea factory and plantation and enjoy a cup of the world-famous "Ceylon tea." (Grand/Heritance Tea Factory) (B/D)
Day 6 - Nuwara Eliya/Bentota
After breakfast, leave for Bentota via a beautiful mountainous route, passing the waterfalls Devon and St. Claire. Stop near the location of the film Bridge on the River Kwai. (Eden/Vivantha) (B/D)
Day 7 - Bentota
Full day of leisure to relax on the beach or enjoy water sports at nearby marinas. (B/D)
Day 8 - Bentota/Colombo
Depart for Colombo, capital of Sri Lanka. Ciity tour includes a Buddhist temple, Dutch Wolvendhal Church, a Hindu temple, Town Hall, Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall, and Cinnamon Gardens, the city's university and diplomatic quarter and prime residential area. In the evening, transfer to the airport for your departure flight. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1 - June 30|
|July 1 - August 31||October 1 - December 14||December 15-31|
|2020||January 1-15||January 16 - March 31|
- Suggested Airfare: From $1500 for Jun 1-Aug 20 and Dec 11-Jan 10 departures; and from $1200 for departures rest of the year. Air prices are per person from New York JFK airport to destination city on itinerary and return, and include government taxes and fees.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Overland private transfers with stops as per itinerary
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Cinnamon Lakeside (FC) or Hilton (D) in Colombo
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Cinnamon Lodge in Habarana
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Grand Kandyan in Kandy
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Grand (FC) or Heritance Tea Factory (D) in Nuwara Eliya
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Eden (FC) or Vivanta in Bentota
- Private sightseeing tours with English-speaking guide and admission fees: tour of the 5th-century Rock Fortress of Sigiriya, half-day tour of Polonnarua, half-day tour of Kandy, temple tour and dinner with show in Kandy, half-day tour of Nuwara Eliya, half-day city tour of Colombo
- Hotel taxes and service charge included
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If listed hotels are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.