Take a 7-night trip, starting your journey to the island nation of Sri Lanka in Colombo. Travel to Sigiriya, where you visit an elephant orphanage and view ancient frescoes. Next, leave for Polonnaruwa, the medieval capital of Sri Lanka. Visit its many archaeological and historical sites, including the Quadrangle that encloses remains of the Royal Palace. Then, travel to Kandy and visit the Royal Botanical Gardens and a gem museum. Next, travel to Nuwara Eliya, also known as Little England, and enjoy a cup of the world-famous “Ceylon tea.” Afterward, travel to Bentota and see the waterfalls of Devon and St. Claire en route. Finally, return to Colombo and tour the capital city before your flight back to the US. Starting from $2,825 per person, including air from New York City.
Day 1 - New York City/Colombo
Depart the US from New York JFK via Emirates trans-Atlantic flight for Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Day 2 - Colombo/Negombo
Arrive in Colombo, where you are met and transferred to your hotel in nearby Negombo. Dinner at the hotel. (Arie Lagoon) (D)
Day 3 - Negombo/Sigiriya/Habarana
After breakfast, depart overland for Sigiriya, stopping for a king coconut en route. Arrive and climb the 5th-century Rock Fortress and admire ancient frescoes, Mirror Wall, and Lion's Paw. Overnight in nearby Habarana. (Habarana Village by Cinnamon) (B/D)
Day 4 - Polonnaruwa & Minneriya
After breakfast, drive to Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka's medieval capital, to explore the ancient ruins, a World Heritage Site.Walk across its scatterde walls and see the stupas, resting Buddha statues, irrigation canals, and Hindu sculptures. After a village lunch, hop on a jeep for a shared safari experience in Minneriya National Park, a wildlife sanctuary for elephants, Sri Lankan leopard, sloth bear and more. Return to your hotel in Habarana. (B/L/D)
Day 5 - Habarana/Dambulla/Kandy
Proceed to Kandy in Sri Lanka's cultural triangle. En route, explore Dambulla Cave temple with its exquisite wall paintings and statues of Lord Buddha. Arrive Kandy, a world Heritage Site, and check in to your hotel. Toward evening your tour of Kandy includes a leisurely walk around Kandy Lake. Visit the Kandy Bazaar, arts and crafts center, and the Temple of the Tooth (Dalada Maligawa). Afterward, see a cultural dance show with traditional drumming before returning to your hotel. (Amaya Hills) (B/D)
Day 6 - Kandy/Nuwara Eliya
This morning, visit the Royal Botanical Garden. Then proceed to the hill country, Nuwara Eliya, via a scenic train journey through mountains, waterfalls, and tea estates. On arrival, you are met and transferred to your hotel, stopping en route to visit a tea plantation and tour a tea factory. (Blackpool) (B/D)
Day 7 - Nuwara Eliya/Bentota
After an early breakfast, proceed to Bentota and check in to your hotel. Relax at the beach or by the pool and enjoy dinner at your hotel. (Centara Ceysands) (B/D)
Day 8 - Bentota
Bentota is a resort town on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka. Today, take an optional excursion or spend time relaxing at the beach or pool. (B/D)
Day 9 - Bentota/Colombo/New York City
After breakfast, proceed to Colombo, where you have lunch at a colonial hotel. City tour includes Galle Face Green (an oceanside urban park), a drive through residential and market areas and visits to the Ganagara Temple, busy Pettah Market and the National Museum. Afterward, proceed to the airport for an evening Emirates flight to the US. (B/L)
Day 10 - Arrive USA
Arrive in New York City today.
Scroll right for more info »»
Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1-1001/01 - 01/10||January 11 - March 31
01/11 - 03/31|
Scroll right for more info »»
- Roundtrip air to Colombo from New York JFK via Emirates trans-Atlantic flight
- Overland private transfers with stops as per itinerary
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Arie Lagoon in Negombo
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Habarana Village by Cinnamon in Habarana
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Amaya Hills in Kandy
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Blackpool in Nuwara Eliya
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Centara Ceysands in Bentota
- Sightseeing tours include: Sigiriya rock fortress, Polonnaruwa ruins, Village walk and interactive culinary experience in Polonnaruwa, Half day game drive to Minneriya National Park, Dambulla cave temple, Kandy sightseeing and Temple of the Tooth, Cultural Dance Show, Royal Botanical Garden. Local train experience from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya. Tea Plantation and Factory, Colombo sightseeing
Hotel taxes and service charge included
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If listed hotels are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.