Take a 14-night trip and visit all the highlights of New Zealand. Start in Auckland and transfer to the Bay of Islands, where you visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds and enjoy this island retreat. From there, return to Auckland for a night, and then travel to the Waitomo Caves and see the glow-worm grottos. Continue to Rotorua and visit the Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve and the Rainbow Springs. Next, travel through Christchurch and board the TranzAlpine train to Franz Josef, where you explore the glacier. Afterward, travel to Queenstown, where you take a day trip to beautiful Milford Sound. Then, take a tour of Mt. Cook National Park and see New Zealand’s highest peak. Finally, travel to Christchurch on your way back to the US. Or, continue by taking our Fiji Extension, Starting from $5180, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - USA/Auckland
Depart from US on Fiji Airways trans-Pacific flight to Auckland.
Day 2 - En Route
Cross the International Date Line.
Day 3 - Auckland
Arrive in Auckland and transfer to hotel. (Rydges/SkyCity)
Day 4 - Auckland/Bay of Islands
(149 miles) Cross the Auckland Harbour Bridge and travel north via Hibiscus Coast to Bay of Islands. Arrive in Paihia and enjoy a guided visit to Waitangi Treaty Grounds. Afternoon at leisure. (Kingsgate Autolodge/Copthorne) (B)
Day 5 - Bay of Islands
Day at leisure. (B)
Day 6 - Bay of Islands/Auckland
(149 miles) Cruise to Cape Brett and the famous "Hole in the Rock." Return to Auckland. (Rydges/SkyCity) (B)
Day 7 - Auckland/Waitomo/Rotorua
(226 miles) Travel to Waitomo Caves and enjoy lunch. Guided tour of Glowworm Grotto and an underground boat ride. Continue on to Rotorua and enjoy an evening Maori Hangi (feast) and concert. (Sudima/Rotorua Lakeside Novotel) (B/L/D)
Day 8 - Rotorua
Visit Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve. Learn about traditional Maori crafts at Te Puia. Travel to Rainbow Springs and Agrodome Farm Show. (B)
Day 9 - Rotorua/Christchurch
Fly to Christchurch and transfer to hotel. Afternoon at leisure. (Rydges Latimer/George) (B)
Day 10 - Christchurch/Franz Josef
(249 miles) Board the scenic TranzAlpine train (seat-in-coach only) and view spectacular mountain scenery. From Greymouth, travel to Franz Josef. (Scenic) (B)
Day 11 - Franz Josef
Spend the day exploring the glacier at your leisure. (B)
Day 12 - Franz Josef/Queenstown
(251 miles) Travel south via the West Coast through Haast Pass. Journey past lakes Hawea and Wanaka, then continue on to Queenstown. (Copthorne Lakefront/St. Moritz) (B)
Day 13 - Milford Sound
Travel by coach along the shores of Lake Wakatipu to Milford Sound via Te Anau. Join your Milford Sound Red Boat Cruise and explore the wonder of this majestic fiord. Return to Queenstown. (B/L)
Day 14 - Queenstown
Day at leisure. (B)
Day 15 - Queenstown/Mt Cook
(163 miles) Travel through Kawarau Gorge and Lindis Pass to the Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park to reach Mount Cook Village. Afternoon free. (Hermitage) (B)
Day 16 - Mt Cook/Christchurch
(206 miles) Travel north toward Christchurch via Lake Tekapo and across the Canterbury Plains. (Rydges Latimer/George) (B)
Day 17 - Christchurch/USA
Transfer to the airport for your flight back to the US. Or, take Fiji Extension. (Fiji Airways flies Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from Christchurch. If flying on a different day, add flight Christchurch to Auckland.) (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1-30||May 1 - June 14||June 15 - July 24||July 25 - August 31||September 1-22||September 23-30||October 1 - December 14||December 15-31|
|2020||January 1-10||January 11-31||February 1 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and nclude government taxes and fees.
- Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Fiji Airways coach class from Los Angeles
- Round trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing as per itinerary
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Auckland, Bay of Islands, Rotorua, Christchurch, and Franz Josef
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Queenstown
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Mt. Cook
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional non-refundable travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Rydges (Auckland), Kingsgate Autolodge (Bay of Islands), Sudima (Rotorua), Rydges Latimer (Christchurch), Scenic (Franz Josef), Copthorne Lakefront (Queenstown), Hermitage (Mt. Cook)
- Deluxe (D): SkyCity (Auckland), Copthorne Waitangi (Bay of Islands), Rotorua Lakeside Novotel (Rotorua), George (Christchurch), Scenic (Franz Josef), St. Moritz (Queenstown), Hermitage (Mt. Cook)
- If above hotels or Fiji Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.