Travel to the Great Barrier Reef on this 10-night trip. Start in Sydney, where you see the Sydney Opera House and Bondi Beach. Then take a tour of the Blue Mountains National Park, where you see the beautiful waterfalls and steep valleys. Also, see Three Sisters Rocks and visit a wildlife park. From there, travel to Hamilton Island, with a night in Sydney en route. On Hamilton Island, spend a few days exploring the Great Barrier Reef and enjoying the island resort. Then, travel to Cairns, where you visit the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Center before returning to the US. Starting from $4715, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - USA/Sydney
Depart from US on Fiji Airways trans-Pacific flight to Sydney.
Day 2 - En Route
Cross the International Date Line.
Day 3 - Sydney
Arrive in Sydney and transfer to hotel. (Hyatt Regency/Radisson Blu Plaza)
Day 4 - Sydney
Morning tour includes Sydney's birthplace (The Rocks), Sydney Opera House, and Mrs Macquaries Chair. Travel to famous Bondi Beach and stop at "The Gap," the head of the harbor, before the tour disbands. (B)
Day 5 - Blue Mountains
In the morning, travel west into Blue Mountains National Park. See waterfalls, steep valleys, canyons and the famous Three Sisters rocks. Enjoy Leura village, a blend of groomed gardens and quaint shops. After lunch, visit a wildlife park. (B/L)
Day 6 - Sydney/Hamilton Island
Fly to idyllic Hamilton Island. Upon arrival, take a ferry to your resort. (Reef View Hotel) (B)
Day 7/8 - Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island weather makes it suitable year round for swimming, water sports and exploring the Great Barrier Reef. You may enjoy snorkeling, biking, scuba diving, dining and much more. Or, just relax at resort's poolside. (B)
Day 9 - Hamilton Island/Cairns
Fly to Cairns and transfer to your hotel. (Pacific/Pullman Cairns) (B)
Day 10 - Cairns
After breakfast, board the Kuranda Scenic Train and visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park to experience a dance performance, museum and lunch. (B/L)
Day 11 - Great Barrier Reef
Experience an exciting full day on the Great Barrier Reef. Cruise by catamaran to the stunning Marine World coral reef location. Enjoy morning tea, an informative presentation by a marine biologist, a buffet lunch, semi-submersible tours, glass-bottom boat tours, and underwater observatory coral viewing. All snorkeling equipment, wet suit and Lycra suit are included, and a qualified snorkeling advisor is on hand. Scuba diving available at additional cost. (B/L)
Day 12 - Cairns
Full day at leisure. (B)
Day 13 - Cairns/USA
Depart via Fiji Airways and arrive in the US the same day. Or, take our New Zealand Extension or Fiji Extension. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1 - June 14||June 15 - July 24||July 25 - September 30||October 1-31||November 1 - December 14||December 15-31|
|2020||January 1-10||January 11 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
- Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Fiji Airways coach class
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Hyatt Regency (FC) or Radisson Blu Plaza (D) in Sydney
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Reef View Hotel on Hamilton Island
- 4 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Pacific (FC) or Pullman Cairns (D) in Cairns
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary
- Breakfast daily, 3 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- Hotels as per itinerary
- If above hotels or Fiji Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.