Take a 5-night trip to the Gobi desert, beginning with a night in Ulaanbaatar, followed by a flight to a Gobi base camp. From there, enjoy the nomad’s lifestyle and spend the night in a Mongolian ger. The next day drive to the Eagle Valley National Park and hike through a narrow canyon to see a glacier that survives the summer heat. On the following day, drive to the Flaming Cliffs and explore the Gobi’s “Cemetery of Dinoaurs.” Finally, return to Ulaanbaatar before your onward flight. Starting from $2695, with weekly guaranteed departures in June, July, August and September.
Day 1 - Ulaanbaatar
Arrive in the Mongolian capital city, Ulaanbaatar, where you are met and transferred to hotel. Time permitting, tour the Museum of Natural History with exhibits illustrative of Mongolia's traditional lifestyle. Return to hotel for dinner and an evening tour of the city. (Bayangol) (D)
Day 2 - Ulaanbaatar/Gobi Desert
After breakfast at hotel. fly to Gobi base camp. After lunch, visit a camel-breeding camp for a camel-riding session and explore the nomad's lifestyle. Enjoy the evening calm of the Gobi Desert. Overnight in Mongolian ger. (B/L/D)
Day 3 - Gobi Desert
An early morning drive into the mountains takes you to the Eagle Valley National Park. Hike through a narrow canyon to view a glacier that survives the summer heat, and picnic in the park for lunch. Leisure hiking in the afternoon. Return to base camp. Overnight in Mongolian ger. (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Gobi Desert
Drive to Bayan Zag, the Flaming Cliffs, to explore the Gobi "Cemetery of Dinosaurs" and the trail of Roy Chapman Andrews. Return to base camp. Dinner and overnight in Mongolian ger. (B/L/D)
Day 5 - Gobi Desert/Ulaanbaatar
Fly back to Ulaanbaatar in late morning. After lunch, tour Bogd Gegen Palace, home of the last Mongolian theocrat. Dinner and overnight at hotel. (Bayangol) (B/L/D)
Day 6 - Ulaanbaatar
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your onward flight. (B)
(Gobi Desert Trip could be replaced by an overland trip to Bayangobi and Karakoram, if the flight to Gobi Desert is cancelled.)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||May 24 - October 5|
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip domestic airfare from Ulaanbaatar to Gobi Desert, coach class
- Round trip private airport transfers
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Ulaanbaatar with hotel taxes and service charge
- 3 nights stay in a Mongolian ger
- Extensive private sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location: half-day tour of Ulaanbaatar, tour of camel breeding camp, tour of Eagle Valley National Park, tour of the Flaming Cliffs
- Breakfast daily, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If above accommodations are not available at the time of reservation, alternative accommodations of the same category could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.