Take a 4-night trip to visit the Kingdom of Bhutan. Arrive in the Paro Valley, where you visit the national museum and the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong. Next, travel to Thimphu, the capital, and visit the Changgangkha Monastery and the School of Painting. Then, take a day excursion to Punakha to visit a Bhutanese house where traditional tea is served. Finally, transit through Paro on your way to your next destination. Starting from $1285 per person, land only, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Arrive Paro
Arrive in the Paro Valley. Transfer to your hotel. Tour of the town includes the National Museum and the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong. (Olathang/Uma) (D)
Day 2 - Paro/Thimphu
Drive to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. En route visit Simtokha Dzong, National Library and Taschicho Dzong. Sightseeing includes Changgangkha Monastery, goldsmiths' workshops, School of Painting, and other dzongs (fortress/monasteries). (Kisa/Taj Tashi) (B/L/D)
Day 3 - Thimphu/Punakha/Thimphu
Full-day excursion to Punakha. Visit a Bhutanese house, where traditional tea is served. Return to Thimphu the same day. (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Thimphu/Paro
In the morning shop at the market. This afternoon return to Paro by road. (Olathang/Uma) (B/L/D)
Day 5 - Depart Paro
Depart Paro for your next destination (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - May 31|
September 1 - November 30
|June 1 - August 31|
|2020||January 1 - February 29|
- Hotels are FC (first-class) and L (luxury), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip hotel transfers
- Private transfers from one city to another with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Olathang (FC) or Uma (D) in Paro
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Kisa (FC) or Taj Tashi (D) in Thimphu
- Private sightseeing tours with English-speaking guide and entrance fees: half-day city tour of Paro, full-day excursion of Punakha, morning shopping opportunities in Paro
- Breakfast daily, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- Hotel taxes and service charge included
Rates do not include:
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If listed hotels are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.