Take a 7-night trip and explore the highlights of Colombia. Depart Miami for Bogota, where you tour the city's historical center and take a cable railway up the Hill of Monserrate. Then depart for Zipaquira, known for its mines of salt and the monumental cathedral built deep in the salt deposit. Travel to Villa de Leyva and to the village near Raquira that is home to the Candelaria Monastery. Return to Bogota and fly to Cartagena, where you tour its modern neighborhoods and its colonial area. Take a full-day trip to the Rosario Islands and rest or enjoy water sports. After a day at leisure in Cartagena, fly back to Miami. Starting from $2530, including air, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Miami/Bogota
Depart via Avianca flight for Bogota, Colombia. On arrival, transfer to hotel. (La Boheme Royal/NH Andina Royal)
Day 2 - Bogota
A morning city tour takes you to the colonial area of "La Candelaria," the city's historical center. Then visit Bolivar Square, which is surrounded by buildings of various styles and periods, such as the Cathedral, the Chapel of El Sagrario, the Cardinal's Palace and the Capitol or Congress Building. Then take a cable railway up the Hill of Monserrate, a pilgrimage destination that dominates the Colombian capital. Once down hill, visit the Gold Museum, which boasts a unique collection of more than 25,000 pre-Columbian artifacts. (B)
Day 3 - Bogota/Zipaquira/Villa de Leyva
Depart for Zipaquira, known for mines of salt and the monumental cathedral built almost 400 ft deep in the salt deposit. This underground architecture represents the Colombian people's cultural, religious and environmental values. Later, transfer to Villa de Leyva. (La Posada de San Antonio/Campanario de la Villa) (B)
Day 4 - Villa de Leyva/Bogota/Cartagena
Travel toward Raquira, hometown of great artisans. In the nearby village lies Candelaria Monastery, built in 1604. Today this convent is a spiritual place and a museum of antiques and paintings. Transfer to the Bogota airport and fly to Cartagena. Upon arrival, transfer to hotel. (Sofitel Santa Clara/Casa San Agustin) (B)
Day 5 - Cartagena
A morning tour takes you to the modern residential neighborhood of Bocagrande and the walled Old City. With its narrow streets flanked by charming balconies and heavy doors, the old town maintains its colonial charm. Enter through the Clock Gate and visit the church of San Pedro Claver, the town's oldest, built with brick and rocks from the ocean. Continue to the Castle of San Felipe, regarded as the masterpiece of Spanish military engineering in the Americas. Finally, the Convent of La Popa a cloister built on top of a hill, offers a panoramic city view. Rest of the day at leisure. (B)
Day 6 - Rosario Islands
Transfer to the departing dock to begin a full-day trip to the Rosario Islands, about an hour away by motorboat. A beautiful coral reef archipelago is an ideal place to rest, or you may choose from a variety of water sports. Return to Cartagena in the afternoon. (B)
Day 7 - Cartagena
Full day free at leisure to explore the city on your own. At night, you may opt to taste typical snacks of the region. (B)
Day 8 - Cartagena/Miami
Transfer to the airport for a flight via Avianca to the US. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1 - May 31|
September 1 - December 9
|June 1 - August 31|
|2020||January 1-15||January 16 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Land & Air prices are per person double occupancy via Avianca Airlines from Miami for weekday travel. For weekend travel and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $50 each way.
- Land Only prices include internal airfares.
- Rates are not valid during some special holidays.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip airfare via Avianca Airlines coach class from Miami
- Round trip seat-in-coach airport transfers
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Bogota
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Villa de Leyva
- 4 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Cartagena
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car/boat with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day tour of Bogota, half-day tour of Zipaquira, half-day tour of Cartagena, full-day tour of Rosario Islands by motorboat
- Breakfast daily
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): La Boheme Royal (Bogota), La Posada de San Antonio (Villa de Leyva), Sofitel Santa Clara (Cartagena)
- Deluxe (D): NH Andino Royal (Bogota), Campanario de la Villa (Villa de Leyva), Casa San Agustin (Cartagena)
- If above hotels or Avianca Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.