Visit the coastal cities of Uruguay on a 7-night tour of this untapped country. Experience the culture and beauty of the coastal cities of Colonia, Montevideo and Punta del Este. In Colonia, visit the picturesque cobblestone streets and stone walls of its historic center. Travel along the coast to the vibrant and cultural city of Montevideo, Uruguay's capital. Continue to the resort city of Punta del Este. Starting from $2765, including air, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Miami/Montevideo
Depart Miami via Avianca Airlines overnight flight to Montevideo.
Day 2 - Montevideo/Colonia
Arrive Montevideo this morning. Transfer to Colonia and your hotel. (Plaza Mayor/Charco) (B)
Day 3 - Colonia
Founded by the Portuguese in 1680, Colonia offers a look back in time to its colonial past. Visit the picturesque cobblestone streets and stone walls of Colonia del Sacramento's historic center, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site: the streets of Santa Rita and San Gabriel, Matriz Church, San Pedro Road, Bastion del Carmen, the famous "Calle de los Suspiros" (Street of Sighs), Puerta del Campo and Plaza Mayor 25 de Mayo. Afternoon at leisure to explore the city on your own. (B)
Day 4 - Colonia/Montevideo
Travel along the coast and arrive in the vibrant and cultural city of Montevideo, Uruguay's capital and largest city. (Don Boutique/Alma Historica) (B)
Day 5 - Montevideo
After breakfast, take a half-day tour that includes Montevideo's main points of interest - the Old City, Constitution Square, Cathedral and Colonial Town Hall, Solis Theatre, and Independence Square. Facing the square is the Government House (museum of the presidents). The main commercial street, 18 de Julio, is lined with shops, cafes and office buildings. The pride of Uruguay is the immense Congress Building, constructed in the early 20th century with colorful local marble. Drive past the Prado neighborhood, home to the city's largest park. See Batlle Park and visit the elegant Carrasco neighborhood. Then stop at Plaza Virgilio and enjoy a panoramic city view. Return along the coast and its beaches to your hotel. Afternoon free. (B)
Day 6 - Montevideo/Punta del Este
Today continue by land to the resort city of Punta del Este. (Awa/The Grand) (B)
Day 7 - Punta del Este
Take a scenic drive through the city's most fashionable and impressive neighborhoods. Pass through the upscale residential areas of Cantegril, San Rafael, Parque Golf and La Barra de Maldonado, known for its unique hanging bridges. In the Beverly Hills district, stop at Ralli Museum of Contemporary Art. Drive past some of Punta's natural wonders - its beaches. At Punta Ballena enjoy sweeping views up and down the coast, and see Casapueblo, home and atelier of renowned artist Carlos Paez Vilaro. In the afternoon, relax and explore the area on your own. (B)
Day 8 - Punta del Este/Montevideo
Transfer back to Montevideo by land today for some leisure time. Enjoy the nightlife in this contemporary metropolis (Don Boutique/Alma Historica) (B)
Day 9 - Montevideo/Miami
Transfer to the airport this morning for your Avianca flight. Arrive Miami the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Dec 10 '20 - Jan 9' 21 Call Pacific Holidays for rates.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Land & Air prices are per person double occupancy via Avianca Airlines from Miami for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $50 each way.
- Rates are not valid during some special holidays.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round-trip airfare via Avianca Airlines coach class from Miami
- Round-trip seat-in-coach airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Colonia and Punta del Este
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Montevideo
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day city tour of Colonia, half-day city tour of Montevideo, half-day city tour of Punta del Este
- Breakfast daily
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Plaza Mayor (Colonia), Don Boutique (Montevideo), Awa (Punta del Este)
- Deluxe (D): Charco (Colonia), Alma Historica), The Grand (Punta del Este)
- If above hotels or Avianca Airlines is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.