Discover Athens and two Greek islands on this 8-night tour of Greece. Begin with arrival in Athens, where you have a two-night stay. Enjoy your first taste of this ancient city by discovering Plaka, located under the Acropolis or by enjoying some shopping. The next day, your tour includes sights such as the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Acropolis and its architectural masterpieces of the city's Golden Age, and the Parthenon.Travel by ferry to the cosmopolitan island of Mykonos for a two-night stay. Explore the island at your leisure, including its wonderful sandy beaches, the town's winding narrow streets, a visit to one of the many churches, or a drink at little Venice. Next, take a ferry to the volcanic island of Santorini, known worldwide as the most romantic island. Visit the Prehistoric Museum in Fira or the colorful beaches of the island. Finally, return to Athens. Land Only starting from $1455 per person based on double occupancy.
Day 1 - Arrive Athens
Arrive in Athens, where you are transferred to your hotel for check in. Remainder of day at leisure for your first taste of Athens. Discover Plaka, located under the Acropolis, or enjoy shopping at Ermou, Kolonaki and Voukourestiou streets. (Athenaeum Grand/Electra Palace)
Day 2 - Athens
After breakfast, depart for your sightseeing tour. See the center of the city, the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier and the National library. En route to the Acropolis, see Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and have a short stop at the Panathenaic Stadium, where the first Modern Olympic Games were held in 1896. At the Acropolis, visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally the famous Parthenon. Your first taste of Athens would not be complete without a visit to the Acropolis Museum, a modern architectural building where, at last, the statues have found their home. Admire the wonders and architectural masterpieces of the classical era (closed on Mondays). Return to your hotel and remainder of day at leisure. (B)
Day 3 - Athens/Mykonos
After an early breakfast, transfer at indicated time to Athens port (Piraeus or Rafina) for your fast ferry to Mykonos. Arrive on Mykonos Island and transfer to your hotel for check in. Rest of the day at your leisure to discover this cosmopolitan island. (Leto/St. John) (B)
Day 4/5 - Mykonos
After breakfast, time at leisure on the beloved island of the international jet-setters with its whitewashed cubic houses, windmills and chapels, wonderful sandy beaches, shops, and galleries, and incredible night life. Explore the town’s winding narrow streets, visit Paraportiani, one of the many churches on the island, or enjoy a drink at little Venice. (B)
Day 6 – Mykonos/Santorini
Breakfast and a free morning. Later, transfer at indicated time to Mykonos port for your fast ferry to Santorini. Arrive on the island and transfer to your hotel for check in. Rest of your afternoon at leisure to admire the spectacular caldera with whitewashed houses perched on the edge, created by the eruption of the island's volcano in the ancient times. Overnight at your Santorini hotel. (Santorini Palace/Costa Grand) (B)
Day 7/8 - Santorini
After breakfast, time at leisure to relax or explore the island of Santorini, known worldwide as the most romantic island. Visit the Prehistoric Museum in Fira that hosts artifacts from the sites of Akrotiri and Ancient Thira, including the famous wall paintings, or discover the colorful beaches of the island, also created by the volcanic eruption. Do not miss visiting the traditional village of Oia, the most photographed place in Greece, best known for its breathtaking sunsets. Small white houses tier the hillside, interspersed with splashes of rich okra, deep fuchsia, cobalt blue, oyster pink and earthy red, making Oia a magical place. (B)
Day 9 – Santorini/Athens
Transfer for a short flight to Athens. Connect with your departure flight.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1-30|
|May 1-24||May 25-31|
|June 22-30||July 1-19|
August 24 - September 6
|July 20 - August 23|
Scroll right for more info »»
- Roundtrip airport transfers on arrival and departure from Athens
- All transfers in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini per itinerary
- 8 nights’ hotel accommodations (2 nights in Athens, 3 nights in Mykonos, and 3 nights in Santorini) at first-class (FC) or deluxe (D) hotels, as per itinerary
- Breakfast daily
- Athens sightseeing tour by coach with entrance to Acropolis site and Acropolis Museum
- Fast ferries Athens-Mikonos-Santorini, economy class
- Air ticket from Santorini to Athens, economy class, including taxes
- All taxes and service charges except for city tax to be paid directly to the hotel
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- City tax (to be paid directly to the hotels)
- Any item not mentioned above
- If hotels listed is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions and add-on air fares from various US cities are available.
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.