11 days/8 nights - from $1,595 per person including airfare from San Francisco or New York JFK
Take an 11 day/8 night trip to experience the beauty of Vietnam. Located in Southeast Asia, Vietnam is known for its beaches, rivers, Buddhist pagodas and bustling cities. Start by getting to know Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, where you will stay for two nights, before taking an overnight boat cruise around the emerald waters and thousands of towering limestone islands of Halong Bay. After, you will embark on an overnight train from Hanoi to Hue in the center of Vietnam, where you will visit the Hue Citadel and Royal Antique Museum. After a morning boat trip on Huong River to Thien Mu, you will drive to Hoi An, a coastal city known for its well-preserved Ancient Town. Spend one night there before taking a short flight to Ho Chi Minh City, where you will spend two more nights surrounded by French colonial architecture. Starting from $1,595 including air from San Francisco or New York City JFK on select departure dates.
Day 1 - Monday: US/Vietnam
Board your trans-Pacific flight, departing New York JFK or San Francisco for Vietnam.
Day 2 - Tuesday: En Route
Cross the International Date Line en route.
Day 3 - Wednesday: Hanoi
Arrive Hanoi, where you transferred to your hotel. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure. (Mercure Hanoi or similar-standard room)
Day 4 - Thursday: Hanoi
After breakfast you are joining a shared half day city tour. Visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the National Assembly Hall and take a walk through the Old Quarter. Afternoon at leisure. (B)
Day 5 - Friday: Hanoi/Halong Bay
Drive to Halong Bay (shuttle bus with driver only), where you will embark on Huong Hai Junk and cruise around scenic Halong Bay, made famous by the movie “Indochine” starring Catherine Deneuve. Overnight stay on the boat. (Bai Tho Victory Junk) (B,L,D)
Day 6 - Saturday: Halong Bay/Hanoi/Hue
In the morning continue your boat cruise along Halong Bay with brunch on board. In the afternoon, you will drive back to Hanoi and transfer to Hanoi Railway Station for your overnight train to Hue. (1st class berth shared cabin) (Based on quad occupancy on overnight train from Hanoi to Hue. For private double occupancy cabin add $100 per person; For single private occupancy cabin, add $300.)
Day 7 - Sunday: Hue
Arrive in Hue around 10:30 am. Transfer from railway station to your hotel on a shared bus. Taste the local fare at a hosted lunch. In the afternoon, you will visit the Hue Citadel and Royal Antique Museum. (Park View Hotel or similar, standard room) (L)
Day 8 - Monday: Hue/Hoi An
After breakfast, take a morning boat trip on Huong River to Thien Mu and then drive to Hoi An. In the afternoon, take a walking tour of this World Heritage City. Visit an ancient merchant house, The Phuc Kien Assembly Hall, the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge and the vibrant riverside market. (Silk Luxury Hotel, standard room) (B)
Day 9 - Tuesday: Hoi An/Ho Chi Minh City
After breakfast take an afternoon flight to Ho Chi Minh City and then transfer to your hotel. Spend the rest of the evening at your leisure. (Muong Thanh Hotel or similar, standard room) (B)
Day 10 - Wednesday: Ho Chi Minh City
After breakfast, take a city tour of Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon. Visit the famous Cathedral, Chinatown, Binh Tay Market and Thien Hau Temple. Afternoon at leisure. (B)
Day 11 - Thursday: Ho Chi Minh City/US
Check out before 12 noon and transfer to the airport for your departure flight back to the US. Or, take the the Cambodia extension to Siem Reap to visit the magnificent Angkor Temples. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 601/06|| ||February 1002/10|| ||March 1003/10|| ||April 704/07|| ||May 1205/12|| ||June 1606/16|| ||July 1407/14|| ||August 1108/11|| ||September 809/08|| ||October 1310/13|| ||January 601/06|| ||February 1002/10|| ||March 903/09|| ||April 604/06|| ||May 1105/11|| ||June 1506/15|| ||July 1307/13|| ||August 1008/10|| ||September 709/07|| ||October 1210/12|| |
Scroll right for more info »»
Rates do not include:
- Round trip international air from San Francisco (SFO) to New York City (JFK) to Vietnam
- Round trip airport/hotel transfers
- 2 nights in a standard room in Mercure Hanoi or similar hotel
- 1 night on Bai Tho Junk Cruise on Halong Bay, (superior SIC)
- 1 night in a superior room at Hue Park or similar in Hue
- 1 night in a standard room at Silk Luxury or similar in Hoi An
- 2 nights in a deluxe room at Muong Thanh hotel similar in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
- 1 night 1st class shared berth in an overnight train, from Hanoi to Hue, coach class
- Breakfast most days per itinerary, 1 brunch, 2 lunches, and 1 dinner
- Local English-speaking guides
- Domestic flight from Danang (DAD) to Saigon (SGN)
- Tours as listed in the itinerary
- All taxes and service charges
- Vietnam visa (mandatory for US citizens and must be arranged before departure)
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on fares from various US cities are available
- Any meals not included in the itinerary
- Book by July 31, 2020 for these special rates. Price is strictly based on availability at the time of booking
- If your departure city from US is different than JFK or SFO, please call Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025
- Valid for travel on select departure dates.
- Based on quad occupancy on overnight train from Hanoi to Hue. For private double occupancy cabin add $100 per person; For single private occupancy cabin, add $300.
- If listed hotels are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Air ticket non-refundable once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies; Optional Travel Insurance not included.
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.
Cambodia Extension - 4 Days/3 NightsSiem Reap, Angkor Wat, Phnom PenhDay 11 - Ho Chi Minh City/Siem Reap
This morning, fly to Siem Reap to visit the ruins of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, perhaps the most extensive temple ruins in Asia. Angkor Wat was built in the 12th century and dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu. Carvings on the enormous central towers are marvelous in both detail and extent. (Tara Angkor/Jaya House River Park) (B/L/D)Day 12 - Siem Reap
Spend full day around Angkor Wat/Angkor Thom with a comprehensive tour and time to look around independently. (B/L/D)Day 13 - Siem Reap/Phnom Penh
Today, fly to Phnom Penh. Afternoon tour includes the National Museum with its fine collection of Khmer art and the Royal Palace with its Silver Pavilion. (La Rose, deluxe room/junior suite) (B/L/D)Day 14 - Phnom Penh/USA
Board China Airlines flight back to the USA and arrive home the same day. (B)
Land & Air
Apr - Sep
$ 165 FC
$ 440 D
Oct - Mar
$ 175 FC
$ 465 D