Your South Africa Safari adventure begins in Cape Town with a Cape Peninsula tour, including a cruise past the seals on Seal Island. Additional optional tours of the city, wineland and more are available. Next, fly to Pilanesberg National Park and stay at afull-board game lodge, where your twice-daily safaris are conducted in open 4x4 vehicles, under the guidance of an experienced ranger and tracker team. Last stop is Johannesburg, where you visit the legendary Apartheid Museum. Starting from $2,699 per person, land and air from New York. Land Only starts from at $1,499 per person. This flash deal will expire on March 31, 2020.
Day 1 – Depart New York City
Take Emirates Airlines flight to Cape Town from New York City.
Day 2 - Arrive Cape Town
Arrive at Cape Town International Airport, where you are met for transfer to the hotel. (Sun Square Cape Town City Bowl Hotel)
Day 3 - Cape Town
After breakfast, you are met by your guide for a private full-day Cape Peninsula Tour. Begin by traveling along the Atlantic Seaboard past Clifton to Hout Bay and experience a cruise past the seals on Seal Island. Continue over Chapman’s Peak to the Cape Point Nature Reserve. View the penguins on Boulders Beach and visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. (B)
Day 4 - Cape Town
After breakfast, you are free at leisure. You may opt to visit to the summit of Table Mountain via cable-car (weather permitting; closed approx. two weeks in August for cable maintenance). Or you may opt to take wine tasting tour at a nearby vineyard. (B)
Day 5 - Cape Town/Pilanesberg National Park
After breakfast, you are met by your guide for transfer to the airport, where you board the flight to Johannesburg. On arrival, you are met by the driver for transfer to the lodge at Pilanesberg National Park. After settling in, join the other guests for lunch, followed by free time to relax during the heat of the day. Congregate in late afternoon for “high tea,” before embarking on your first open-vehicle game drive under the guidance of your experienced ranger and tracker team in search of Africa’s famous wildlife. At sunset, stop for sundowners to toast the end of another day in Africa. Return to the lodge for dinner. (Bakubung Bush Lodge) (B/L/D)
Day 6 - Pilanesberg National Park
Enjoy the full day on safari. Your twice-daily safaris take place at dawn and dusk, when the bush is at its most active and chances of spotting game are the best. Your experienced ranger and tracker team help you make the most of your time on safari through their extensive knowledge of the African savanna. The reserve is home to a wide variety of African game, including the “Big Five” - lion, elephant, rhino, leopard and buffalo. Safaris are conducted in open 4x4 vehicles that allow you a truly thrilling safari experience. (B/L/D)
Day 7 - Pilanesberg National Park/Johannesburg
Awake early for a final morning safari in this unspoiled wilderness and a last chance to spot that elusive leopard! Return to the lodge for a hearty breakfast before your driver meets you for transfer to Johannesburg. (Garden Court Sandton City Hotel) (B)
Day 8 –Johannesburg
Morning is free. At noon time, head to town of Soweto, home to over 2 million people, who, despite living in crowded and chaotic conditions, have a tangible sense of community, one which ironically, the ordered, walled, elitist northern suburbs lack. Inside Soweto, visit the Hector Pieterson Museum, and discover the cause of the tragic riots that led to his death. Pass Mandela House. Time will be given to visit this fascinating little museum (own account +/- R100; about USD 6). The journey continues to Regina Mundi Church, site of many secret underground meetings of the then-banned political parties. Finally, pass the largest stadium in Africa, Soccer City, host of the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening and final matches. This magnificent stadium, also known as ‘The Calabash,’ has a seating capacity of almost 95,000. Soweto is unlike a suburb you’ve ever seen or been to. Yet the history of struggle encapsulated here is a cornerstone of the South African story. (B)
Day 9 –Johannesburg/New York City
Today you are transferred to the airport for your flight to return to the States. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1-1001/01 - 01/10||January 11 - March 31
01/11 - 03/31|
Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $75 each way.
Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip airfare from New York City to South Africa via Emirates Airline coach class
- Round trip airport/hotel transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- All porterage at hotels, lodges and airports
- Internal air transportations Capetown/Johannesburg coach class
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Capetown: Sun Square Cape Town City Bowl Hotel
- 2 night stay in a double occupancy room in Johannesburg: Garden Court Sandton City Hotel
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Pilanesberg National Park: Bakubung Bush Lodge
- Safari activities in Pilanesberg National Park with services of English-speaking driver-guide
- All park fees and government taxes
- Sightseeing tours with English-speaking guide and entrance fees as per itinerary
- Breakfast daily in Johannesburg and Capetown; breakfast, lunch and dinner daily at safari game lodge
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
- All taxes and service charges
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Driver/guide/ranger gratuities
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Book by March 31, 2020 for these special rates
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Air ticket non-refundable once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Optional Travel Insurance not included.
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.