Take an unforgettable 8-day journey to Egypt and its legendary Nile River. Arrive in Cairo, a mega-city rich in history and culture on the banks of the River Nile. A half-day tour the next day includes the Pyramids and the Sphinx. In the evening take an overnight train to Aswan, where you the arrive and board your luxury all-inclusive 3-night cruise of the Nile on board MS Iberotel Crown Empress Cruise. Extensive sightseeing excursions on board the cruise include High Dam, Philae Temple, Unfinshed Obelisk, Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu Temple, West Bank, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatschepsut, Colossi of Memnon, and more. After disembarking, take a sleeper train back to Cairo. Arrive Cairo, and in the afternoon, make sure you visit the Egyptian Museum where amazing treasures of King Tutankhamen are on display. Stay the night in Cairo before returning to the US. Starting from $955 per person, guaranteed weekly departures every Wednesday.
Day 1, Wednesday - Arrive Cairo
Arrive at Cairo International Airport, where you are met and transferred to the hotel. (Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel or similar)
Day 2, Thursday - Cairo/Aswan
This morning, you meet your Egyptologist and head to Giza plateau. Begin your sightseeing with the Giza Plateau and marvel at the sight of the three Great Pyramids of Giza: Cheops (Khufu), Chephren (Khafre), and Mykerinos (Menkaure). In the evening transfer to train station for you sleeper train for your overnight journey to Aswan. (B)
Day 3, Friday - Aswan
In the morning you arrive at Aswan and transfer to the pier and embark on your Nile cruise. (During cruise sightseeing you join in other small groups with the cruise guide.) After lunch, visit the two-mile-long High Dam, which, together with the old Aswan Dam, provides irrigation and electricity for all of Egypt; the granite quarries, which supplied the ancient Egyptians with most of the hard stone used in the building of the pyramids and temples; and the huge Unfinished Obelisk and beautiful Philae Temple, both also built from stone supplied from the granite quarries. Reach the Philae Temple by motorboat on Lake Nasser to the Island of Agilka. Afternoon, sail by a traditional felluca for a view of the Agha Khan Mausoleum. (B/L/D)
Day 4, Saturday - Nile Cruising & Sightseeing
Early this morning, the cruise sails to the temple known as Kom Ombo, comprising temples to two gods, Sobek and Haroeries. Be sure to see the mummified crocodiles and the Nilometer, where the priests determined the current year’s taxes. Continue sailing to Edfu, where you take a short ride by caleche (horse-drawn carriage) to the Temple of Horus. Of all ancient Egypt’s temples, the Temple of Horus is the most complete and best preserved. Enjoy “haggling” with the local merchants as you walk from the temple. Continue sailing to Esna. (B/L/D)
Day 5, Sunday - Nile Cruising & Sightseeing to Luxor
Arrive Luxor in the morning and visit the main highlights of ancient Egypt: Start with Luxor’s West Bank to explore the incomparable Valley of the Kings. Tour the tombs of the ancient Pharaohs and see where new excavations (conducted by the renowned American archaeologist Kent Weeks) of the tombs of Ramses the Great’s sons are taking place in KV5 (Kings Valley Tomb #5). Continue to the almost neo-classical temple of Queen Hatchepsut at Deir el-Bahri. Nearby, stop to admire the 75-foot-high, 1,000-ton statues of Amenhotep III - the Colossi of Memnon - as they sit like giant sentinels overlooking the Nile. Afternoon, visit the treasures of the Luxor’s East Bank, starting with massive Karnak Temple with its huge hall, consisting of 134 columns and labyrinthine passageways. The Karnak temple complex, universally known only as Karnak, describes a vast conglomeration of ruined temples, chapels, pylons and other buildings, where construction began in the 16th century BC. Continue to the Temple of Luxor, with its Avenue of Sphinxes, which once connected the temples of Karnak and Luxor. (B/L/D)
Day 6, Monday - Luxor/Cairo
Disembark the cruise this morning after breakfast. Later in the afternoon, you are transferred to Luxor train station, where you board your pm sleeper train to Cairo. (B)
Day 7, Tuesday - Cairo
After breakfast on the train, arrive this morning at Cairo train station. You are met and transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon, make sure you visit the Egyptian Museum, home to one of the world’s finest collections of Egyptian antiquities. Among the museum's many treasures are those that Howard Carter discovered in 1922 from the tomb of Tutankhamun. (Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel or similar) (B)
Day 8, Wednesday - Depart Cairo
After breakfast, head to Cairo airport for your return flight home to the States. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Sole traveler supplement: April 1-30, $590; May 1-Sept 30: $590 and Oct 1-Dec 20, 2020: $690.
- Suggested airfares from New York City including all taxes and fuel surcharges: April 1 - May 31 & September 1 - December 20, $995 per person and June 1 - August 31, 2020: $1250 per person. Call Pacific Holidays for fares from your home city.
Scroll right for more info »»
- 2 nights accommodation at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel or similar, standard room, with breakfast
- 3 nights accommodation on board MS Iberotel Crown Empress Cruise or similar, on full-board basis
- 2 nights on Sleeper Train on Half-Board basis from Cairo to Aswan and from Luxor to Cairo
- Half-day tour (private) in Cairo, including Pyramids and Sphinx
- Sightseeing excursions on board cruise: High Dam, Philae Temple, Unfinshed Obelisk, Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu Temple, West Bank, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatschepsut, Colossi of Memnon and more.
- All transfers in Cairo, Aswan and Luxor as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees to all the above-mentioned sights
- English-speaking guide during all visits (private in Cairo // sharing cruise guide)
Rates do not include
- If promotional airfare sold out, surcharge may apply
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above.
- Valid for travel departure dates from Apr 22 - Dec 16, 2020
- For peak season between Jun 1 and Aug 31, promotional fare may be sold out. Surcharge may apply
- If listed hotels or cruise are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received within 3 days of reservation
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Air ticket non-refundable once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Optional Travel Insurance not included.
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.