Embark on a 9-night journey to Vilnius, Riga, and Tallinn, capital cities of the Baltic nations. Begin in the Lithuanian capital, Vilnius, where your tour includes architectural and historic monuments such as classical Vilnius Cathedral and Vilnius University. The following day, drive to Trakai, the ancient capital, and visit Trakai Island Castle. A drive north takes you to Latvia’s capital, Riga, where your city tour features the Old Town sites, followed by a one-hour canal cruise. The next day, tour the Latvian Ethnographic Museum, one of Europe’s oldest and largest open-air museums. Drive north to Tallinn, Estonia’s capital, and discover the historical Tallinn on a morning walking tour. Also, tour Kadriorg Park, the18th-century palace of Peter the Great, and the Estonian Open Air Museum. After a cozy evening in the medieval Tallinn, fly home the next day. Starting from $2570 per person, including air, with daily departures.
Day 1 – New York City/Vilnius
Depart New York City on Finnair flight to Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania.
Day 2 - Arrive Vilnius
Arrive in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, and transfer to hotel. Evening free to relax after the long trip. (Hotel Neringa or similar)
Day 3 - Vilnius
Your morning Vilnius city tour includes the most interesting architectural and historic monuments of the 16th through 19th centuries, such as majestic classical Vilnius Cathedral, with a history dating back to the 14th century; the graceful and Gothic 16th-century St. Anne's Church; Vilnius University, founded in 1579; and the Dawn Gate, with a holy icon of the Virgin Mary. Visit the Grand Duke Palace, which, during the 13th and 14th centuries was transformed into a luxurious Renaissance-style residence; during the 17th century, the political fates of not only Lithuania but also of all central, eastern and northern European countries were decided there. This afternoon, you are free to explore the city on your own. (B)
Day 4 – Vilnius
Today, take a 17-mile drive to Trakai, the ancient capital of Lithuania, located amidst five picturesque lakes. Visit Trakai Island Castle, which is situated right in the middle of Galve’s Lake Island, like a pearl of rare beauty. Return to Vilnius for overnight. (B)
Day 5 - Vilnius/Riga
This morning, take a four-hour drive north to Riga, Latvia, via coach. Private transfer from the bus station to the hotel. Your afternoon is free to relax and explore your surroundings. Overnight in Riga. (Hotel Justus or similar) (B)
Day 6 - Riga
A morning city tour includes the most significant sights of the Old Town, including the largest church complex in the Baltics - the Dome Cathedral and St. Peter’s Church, Jacob’s Church, the big and the small Guild Halls, and the “Three Brothers” old stone houses. Walk through Albert Street, an area of Art Nouveau architecture where almost every house was designed by architect Mikhail Eisenstein. A one-hour canal cruise tour along the canal system of Riga gives you a chance to view beautiful landscapes, magnificent buildings and other attractions. Remainder of the day free. (B)
Day 7 - Riga
Today, visit the Latvian Ethnographic Museum, one of Europe’s oldest and largest open-air museums, where 118 buildings from all Latvia’s historic districts, from the end of the 17th century up to the 1930s have been relocated, reconstructed and furnished. Farmsteads of Latvian farmers, craftsmen, and fishermen have been created in the museum, and characterize the time, the district, and the owners’ vocations. Evening free to enjoy Riga’s old town. (B)
Day 8 – Riga/Tallinn
Begin a five-hour drive north to Tallinn, Estonia, via coach. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. Free afternoon to relax and get to know the area. Overnight in Tallinn. (Kreutzwald Hotel or similar) (B)
Day 9 - Tallinn
A morning walking tour of Tallinn gives you an introduction to the historical Tallinn, which was a rich and prosperous town of Hanza merchants during the 15th century. The tour continues from the Dome Hill (Toompea) to Castle Square, where Toompea Castle, the seat of the Estonian Parliament, faces Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Visit the 13th-century Dome Church and enjoy a breathtaking view from a platform. Stroll along the narrow cobblestone streets down to the Town Hall Square, which features the Gothic Town Hall, one of the oldest in Northern Europe. Afternoon free. (B)
Day 10 – Tallinn
Start your morning at Kadriorg Park and the 18th-century baroque palace of Peter the Great. Also, visit the Convent of St. Bridget in the Pirita suburb and the famous Song Festival Grounds. In the afternoon, visit the Estonian Open Air Museum, which showcases the country‘s rural architecture and way of life. The twelve farms in the museum provide an overview of how families from different strata of society lived from the 18th to 20th centuries. As you might expect to find in any proper village, there is a church, a tavern, a schoolhouse, mills, a fire station, a shop and fishing sheds by the sea. You can buy handicrafts, ride horses and try traditional Estonian dishes at the tavern. Spend a cozy in evening in the medieval Tallinn. (B)
Day 11 – Tallin/New York City
After breakfast, depart Tallinn via Finnair. Arrive home in New York City. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1 - March 17|
Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip air from New York City to Vilnius, returning from Tallinn, via Finnair, coach class
- 9-nights hotel accommodations (3 nights in Vilnius, Riga, and Tallinn), at superior first-class hotels
- Daily breakfast at hotel
- Private transfers from the bus station to the hotel in Riga and Tallinn
- Transfers by public coach (Vilnius – Riga – Tallinn). Services in Ecoline bus: telephone (additional charge), coffee machine, AC, bathroom, free WiFi, 220 V power outlets by each seat, and, in some buses, individual touch screen media devices. Services in Simple/Lux Express bus: free WiFi, 220 V power outlets by each seat, climate conditioner, opportunity to purchase a blanket/pillow (additional charge), bathroom, and, in some buses, individual touch screen media devices
- Extensive sightseeing tours as per itinerary in each city with English-speaking guide and admission fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If hotels listed or Finnair is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.