Take a 10-night trip and visit the major attractions on the Malaysian peninsula. Start with two nights in Bangkok, en route to Malaysia, with tours including the Grand Palace, the Temple of the Golden Buddha, and a cruise along the canals of the Chao Phraya River. Then fly to Penang, a tranquil island paradise, where you visit includes Georgtown and Fort Cornwall. Next, travel overland to Kuala Lumpur and visit Orang Utan Island and a sultan’s former palace, and the KL Tower. Drive to Malacca and see St. Paul’s Hill and the imposing red Dutch Stadhuys building. Return to Kuala Lumpur for a full day to explore the city on your own. $4580 per person double, including air. Post-tours only.
Jun 2, Thu – Seoul/Bangkok
Depart from Seoul to Bangkok. On arrival transfer to your hotel. (Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel)
Jun 3, Fri – Bangkok (B)
Morning City & Temple tour. Afternoon Grand Palace Tour.
Jun 4, Sat – Bangkok (B/D)
Morning Klong tour. Evening Thai dinner with classic dance.
Jun 5, Sun – Bangkok/Penang (B)
Fly to Penang, Malaysia and transfer to your hotel. (Lone Pine Hotel)
Jun 6, Mon – Penang (B)
Enjoy half-dayisland tour. Visit Georgetown, the Snake Temple, fruit and clove plantations, a batik factory, fishing village, Fort Cornwall and the Bukit Dunbar Reservoir.
Jun 7, Tue – Penang/Kuala Lumpur (B)
Travel overland to Kuala Lumpur via the Penang Bridge, the Orang Utan Island, unique golden-domed Ubudiah Mosque and a sultan's former palace. (Renaissance)
Jun 8, Wed – Kuala Lumpur (B/D)
Tour King's Palace, National Monument, National Mosque and Independence Square. Make a photo stop at Petronas Twin Tower and enjoy a panoramic view from KL Tower's observation deck. Rest of the afternoon at leisure. This evening, stroll in Chinatown, followed by a Malay dinner and cultural show.
Jun 9, Thu – Malacca (B)
Drive south to Malacca, passing rubber and oil palm plantations, satellite towns and typical villages. Visit Cheng Hoon Teng Temple and the red Dutch Stadhuys building. Stroll up St. Paul's Hill and visit the Porta de Santiago. Return to Kuala Lumpur.
Jun 10, Fri – Kuala Lumpur (B)
Full day free to explore the city on your own.
Jun 11, Sat – Kuala Lumpur/USA (B)
Transfer to airport for your flight to the US.
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Land and Air includes airfare via Cathay Pacific Airways from Los Angeles or San Francisco to Seoul, air between Seoul and Southeast Asia
- For Cathay Pacific Airways Gateway cities of Boston, Chicago, Newark NJ and New York JFK, add $200 per person.
- Land Only does not include any segments from the US to/from Seoul or to/from Southeast Asia.
ALL TOUR PACKAGES FEATURE
- Round trip trans-Pacific air via Cathay Airways coach class from West Coast gateway cities to/from Seoul and first/last cities of pre/post tours; special add-on fares from various cities in US; and premium economy & business class upgrades for trans-Pacific air segments available
- Inter/intra Asia airfares coach class for Land and Air packages
- Round trip airport transfers by coach with/without English-speaking guide/driver in each city
- Extensive sightseeing tours by air-conditioned motorcoach/car with English-speaking guide/driver; and admission fees for parks, sites, rides and shows as per itinerary
- Accommodations double occupancy at superior first class or deluxe hotels as indicated, including hotel tax and service charges
- Meals B (breakfast), L (lunch) and D (dinner) included as per itinerary
- Luggage handling
- National tour guide for each country if tour members exceed 30 people
- $300 deposit required upon reservation; completed reservation form, and a copy of passport valid for another 6 months after end of trip
- Final payment due 90 days prior to departure
- Cancellation penalties apply. See Pacific Holidays General Terms and Conditions for details
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Optional travel insurance plan strongly recommended and non-refundable once purchased
- Ask for information about FREE land and air group organizer if group exceeds 20 people
- All prices quoted in US dollars and based on current exchange rate at the time (April, 2015) of printing this brochure. If exchange rates drastically differ at the time of full payment, Pacific Holidays reserves the right to adjust prices already quoted in this brochure.
- Land Only tour prices do not include airfares from US to first city of the pre-tour or airfares from last city of post-tour to US. However, Land Only prices do include the airfares or land/sea transportations between cities within pre- and post-tours.
- Promotional airfares may be sold out due to high volume of traffic for Rotary International Convention. Higher airfares may apply if lower fares are sold out. An alternative airline may be used if Cathay Pacific Airways lower fares are sold out.
- Contracted hotels as indicated in this brochure may be sold out. Alternative hotels may be used. Prices may change.
- Pacific Holidays General Terms and Conditions apply; Cancellation and change penalties apply; Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- Add-on airfares from various cities in the States are available. Call Pacific Holidays for details.
- For US citizens, visas for China, Vietnam, India, and Myanmar are required before departure. Visa fees are not included in the tour prices. Pacific Holidays offers complimentary processing of documents such as itinerary and vouchers, for any pre-/post-tour participants or air ticket buyers.
- Customized and private tours are available.
- Pacific Holidays is not authorized to make any hotel, transfers and tours (any land) reservations during the period of Rotary International Convention (May 29 – June 1, 2016) in Seoul. All reservations for Seoul and registration for the Convention must go through Rotary International Convention Registration Division.
Full refund of deposits made if cancellation is received in writing 90 days prior to departure, less $200 per person handling fee, plus any nonrefundable deposit for air, hotels and cruises, as well as credit card charge fees. Between 89 and 60 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $400 per person, plus non-refundable fees will be charged. Between 59 days and 30 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $600 per person, plus non-refundable fees, will be charged. Between 29 days and 8 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $800 per person will be charged, plus any expenses already incurred and cancellation fees imposed by hotels and suppliers. Seven days or less prior to departure, 50% of the tour package price or $1000 per person, whichever is higher, will be charged. NO REFUND will be granted to unused land portion once the tour has begun. All refund claims must be made in writing through the agent from whom the tour has been purchased no later than 30 days after termination of trip. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. Travel insurance, visa fee and visa handling fee are not refundable once purchased.
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.