Take a 12-night trip and enjoy some of the best attractions of China with this privately escorted and fully customizable package. This package takes you to the Forbidden City, Tian An Men Square, the Great Wall, and the Ming Tombs in Beijing; the terracotta soldiers in Xi’an; the Li River in Guilin; the cosmopolitan cities of Shanghai and Hong Kong, and historic Macau. Starting from $4,580, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1, Thursday - USA/Beijing
Depart the USA on Cathay Pacific Airways trans-Pacific flight to Beijing. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2, Friday - Beijing
Arrive in Beijing, where you are met and transferred to your hotel. (Qianmen/Royal Phoenix) (B)
Day 3, Saturday - Beijing
A full day of sightseeing reveals the wonders of this 3,000-year-old city, including Tian An Men Square, courtyards and ceremonial halls of the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven. Also visit the Summer Palace, where the emperors escaped the intense heat of the city. Enjoy a Peking Duck dinner this evening. (B/L/D)
Day 4, Sunday - Beijing
Travel up into the mountains northwest of the city for an opportunity to climb the imposing Great Wall. Stop at the Ming Tombs on the way. (B/L)
Day 5, Monday - Beijing/Xian
In the morning, fly to Xian, China's ancient capital. Tonight enjoy a feast of delicate dumplings. (Grand New World/Grand Metro Park) (B/L/D)
Day 6, Tuesday - Xian
Today visit the renowned mausoleum of Emperor Qinshi Huangdi, with an army of 6,000 terra-cotta warriors, horses and chariots. En route stop at the Hua Qing Hot Springs. (B/L)
Day 7, Wednesday - Xian/Guilin
Fly to Guilin, with its spectacular mist-wrapped mountains and sublime landscapes. Visit Reed Flute Cave with its fascinating rock formations. (Guilin Bravo/Sheraton) (B/L)
Day 8, Thursday - Guilin/Shanghai
The highlight of your visit to Guilin is a cruise down the Li River, which has inspired centuries of Chinese poets and painters. Lunch is served on board before docking at the small town of Yangshuo. In the evening dine at a popular restaurant. Then fly to cosmopolitan Shanghai and transfer to your hotel. (Guangdong/New World Mayfair) (B/L/D)
Day 9, Friday - Shanghai
Full-day sightseeing to visit the Bund, Jade Buddha Temple and Yu Garden, and to shop along busy Nanjing Road. (B/L)
Day 10, Saturday - Shanghai/Hong Kong
Fly to Hong Kong and transfer to hotel. (Kimberley/Harbour Grand) (B)
Day 11, Sunday - Hong Kong
This morning, a half-day tour takes you to Stanley Market, the floating community of Aberdeen, and the top of Victoria Peak. The balance of the day is at leisure for shopping or sightseeing. (B)
Day 12, Monday - Hong Kong/Macau
Transfer from Hong Kong hotel to pier and sail via TurboJet to Macau, on the western side of Pearl River Delta. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. (Grand Emperor Macau/Sofitel at Ponte 16) (B)
Day 13, Tuesday - Macau
Today's full-day tour includes the statue of Kum Iam, the goddess of mercy; Macau Tower; A-Ma Temple; and the ruins of St. Paul's Cathedral. Take a walking tour from St. Paul's to the historic city center. Also, make a short visit to one of Macau's famous casinos. Tour pick-up and drop-off is at pier. Take hotel complimentary shuttle to the pier. (B/L)
Day 14, Wednesday - Macau/Hong Kong/USA
Transfer to the pier and return to Hong Kong airport via TurboJet. Board Cathay Pacific fligh to the USA, arriving home the same day. (B)
Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 7, 14||January 21, 28|
February 4, 11, 18, 25
|March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31|
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Cathay Pacific Airways coach class
- Round trip airport transfers
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Beijing
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Xian, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Macau
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Guilin
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary
- 12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 3 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First class (FC): Qianmen (Beijing), Grand New World (Xian), Guilin Bravo (Guilin), Guangdong (Shanghai), Kimberley (Hong Kong), Grand Emperor Macau (Macau)
- Deluxe (D): Royal Phoenix (Beijing), Grand Metro Park (Xian), Sheraton (Guilin), New World Mayfair (Shanghai), Harbour Grand (Hong Kong), Sofitel at Ponte 16 (Macau)
- If above hotels or Cathay Pacific Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit card accepted; Credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.