Take a 6-night trip and visit the highlights of Japan. Start with Tokyo, the capital of Japan, where you see the Tokyo Tower and visit a tea ceremony. Also, take a boat ride up the Sumida River, and visit the Imperial Palace Plaza. Next, travel halfway up Mt. Fuji and enjoy a cruise on Lake Ashi. On the way down, spend a night in Hakone before taking a bullet train to Kyoto, an ancient Japanese capital, where you see Nijojo Castle, the Kyoto Imperial Palace and other sights. Starting from $3295 including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1, Tuesday - Los Angeles/Tokyo
Depart the USA via Singapore Airlines trans-Pacific flight for Tokyo. Cross the International Date Line en route.
Day 2, Wednesday - Tokyo
Arrive in Tokyo and transfer to your hotel. (Shiba Park/Keio Plaza)
Day 3, Thursday - Tokyo
Full-day excursion includes a panoramic view of the city from atop Tokyo Tower, a tea ceremony, a Japanese-style lunch, a boat ride up the Sumida River, and visits to the Imperial Palace Plaza and Asakusa Kannon Temple. (L)
Day 4, Friday - Tokyo/Mt. Fuji/Hakone
Drive halfway up Mt. Fuji. Continue to the historic Hakone Barrier, cruise on Lake Ashi, and ride the Mt. Komagatake Aerial Cableway. (Yumoto Fujiya) (L)
Day 5, Saturday - Hakone/Kyoto
Bullet train to Kyoto. Afternoon excursion to Nara. Visit Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Shrine, and Deer Park. Return to Kyoto for overnight. (Karasuma/Okura) (L)
Day 6, Sunday - Kyoto
Morning city tour to Golden Pavilion, Nijojo Castle, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. Afternoon tour includes Sanjusangendo Hall, Heian Shrine, and Kiyomizu Temple. (L)
Day 7, Monday - Kyoto/Tokyo
Return to Tokyo by train and transfer to your hotel. Or, take the Hiroshima & Osaka Extension. (Shiba Park/Keio Plaza)
Day 8, Tuesday - Tokyo/USA
Board Singapore Airlines flight and return to the US, arriving home the same day.
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 6, 13, 20, 27|
April 3, 10, 17
|May 8, 15, 22, 29||June 5, 12, 19, 26|
July 3, 17, 24, 31
|August 14, 21, 28|
September 4, 11, 18, 25
|October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30|
November 6, 13, 20, 27
|December 11, 18, 25|
|2019||January 1, 8||January 15, 22, 29|
February 5, 12, 19, 26
March 5, 12
|March 19, 26|
Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $50 each way.
Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. For details, refer to the Tour Features on page 3. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Singapore Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Round trip airport transfers
- Round-trip bullet train transfer to Kyoto
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Tokyo
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Kyoto
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Hakone
- Hotel taxes and service charges included
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: full-day city tour of Tokyo, tour of Mt. Fuji, half-day tour of Nara, half-day tour of Kyoto
- 4 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Shiba Park (Tokyo), Yumoto Fujiya (Hakone), Karasuma (Kyoto)
- Deluxe (D): Keio Plaza (Tokyo), Yumoto Fujiya (Hakone), Okura (Kyoto)
- If above hotels or Singapore Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.
Hiroshima & Osaka Extension
3 Days/2 Nights
Day 7, Monday - Kyoto/Hiroshima/Osaka
Transfer to Kyoto Station and board a bullet train to Hiroshima. Visit the colorful Itsukushima Shrine with its red torii gate in Miyajima and Peace Memorial Park with its museum of nuclear devastation. Travel by bullet train to Osaka. (Granvia) (L)
Day 8, Tuesday - Osaka
Today, wear comfortable shoes for a full-day city tour of Osaka. Start at 40-story-high Aerial Garden Observatory and take a panoramic view of Osaka. Continue on, visiting the magnificent Osaka Castle. After lunch in a local restaurant, board Aqua Liner for a ride through the maze of canals that the city is built upon. (L)
Day 9, Wednesday - Osaka/Los Angeles
Transfer to the airport for a flight to Tokyo. Connect with Singapore Airlines to Los Angeles and arrive home the same day.
Land & Air