Take a 6-night trip and visit the modern and ancient capital of Japan. Start off in Tokyo, where a morning tour includes the Meiji Shrine and the Imperial Palace Plaza. Then, a day at leisure gives you a chance to explore Tokyo on your own. The next day, hop on a bullet train to Kyoto, where your tour includes Hein Jingu Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple. Spend two days at leisure, perhaps taking an optional tour to Nara. Finally, return to the US from Osaka. Starting from $2,480, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - Los Angeles/Tokyo
Depart Los Angeles via Singapore Airlines trans-Pacific flight to Tokyo. Cross International Date Line en route.
Day 2 - Tokyo
Arrive at Tokyo International Airport in the late afternoon. After clearing immigration and cstoms, board airport bus with coupon to transfer to Shiba Park Hotel in Tokyo.
Day 3 - Tokyo
Highlights of today's morning city tour include famed Meiji Shrine, the Imperial Palace Plaza, and the old town shopping district of Asakusa and Ginza. Tour disbands in Ginza. Balance of the day at leisure. (B)
Day 4 - Tokyo
Free time to explore one of the world's largest and most vibrant cities. (B)
Day 5 - Tokyo/Kyoto
In the morning transfer from hotel to the railway station and travel from Tokyo to Kyoto by bullet train. In the afternoon, visit the splendid Hein Jingu Shrine, the ancient Temple of Sanjusangendo and Kiyomizu Temple. (Karasuma) (B)
Day 6/7 - Kyoto
Two days at leisure to explore the city on your own, or to sign up for an optional tour to the nearby town of Nara. Please note that reservation and confirmation is required at least 24 hous in advance (Tel: 075-702-5489) for your bus transfer to Kansai Internation Airport in Osaka on the last day. (B)
Day 8 - Kyoto/Osaka/Los Angeles
Bus transfer to Osaka to a flight to Narita Airport. Connect with Singapore Airlines flight back to Los Angeles. Arrive home the same day. (B)
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - April 30||May 1-31||June 1 - August 9||August 10 - September 30||October 1-31||November 1 - December 8||December 9-31|
|2019||January 1-9||January 10 - March 14||March 15-31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $70 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees.
- For weekend stay (Fri, Sat & Sun) and Japanese holidays, surcharge applies.
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Singapore Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Round trip airport bus transfers
- Bullet train transfers
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Tokyo
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Kyoto
- Daily breakfast
- Hotel taxes and service charges included
- Half-day tours of Tokyo and Kyoto
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- Hotels: Shiba Park (Tokyo), Karasuma (Kyoto)
- If above hotels or Singapore Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credits card accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.