- Journey Types
- World Heritage Sites
- Small Cruises
- Romance and Honeymoon
- Rail Journeys
- Nature and Safari
- Multiple Country Combinations
- Luxury Travel
- Long Vacations
- Independent/Private Touring
- Hot Deals
- Frugal Travel
- Family Vacations
- Early Booking Savings
- Custom-Designed Trip
- Cultural Experience
- Classic Itineraries
- Search Vacation
- Vacation Overview
- Departure Dates & Rates
- Tour Features
Take an 8-night trip and embark on a journey to the historically significant sites of Japan. Start your trip in Tokyo, where you visit the Imperial Palace and Tokyo Tower. Afterward, drive to Hakone, with a stop along the slope of Mt. Fuji, and cruise Lake Ashi. Next, take a bullet train to Nagoya, where you are transferred through the Japanese Alps into Takayama, also known as Little Kyoto. Later, travel to Kanazawa, along the way visiting Shirakawago, a UNESCO-designated World Heritage Site. Finally, travel to Kyoto, Japan’s ancient capital, where you see the Golden Pavilion and the Nijojo Castle before returning to the US. Starting from $3,970 including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Tokyo, Hakone, Nagoya, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Nara
Day 1, Monday - Los Angeles/Tokyo
Depart the USA on your Singapore Airlines trans-Pacific flight for Tokyo. Cross the International Date Line en route.
Day 3, Wednesday - Tokyo
Full-day excursion includes a panoramic view of the city from atop Tokyo Tower, a tea ceremony, a Japanese barbecue lunch, a boat ride up the Sumida River, and visits to the Imperial Palace Plaza and the Asakusa Kannon Temple. (L)
Day 4, Thursday - Tokyo
A full day to explore the city on your own, or to join optional tours.
Day 5, Friday - Tokyo/Hakone
Depart via motor coach for a scenic drive up the slope of Mt. Fuji, a cruise on azure Lake Ashi, and an overnight stay in the Hakone hot springs resort area. (Yumoto Fujiya) (L)
Day 6, Saturday - Hakone/Takayama
Bullet train to Nagoya, and then into the Japanese Alps and charming Takayama, so-called "Little Kyoto." This afternoon, visit the Kusakabe Folkcraft Museum and the traditional wooden houses of old Kami Sannomachi Town. (Hida Plaza)
Day 7, Sunday - Takayama/Kanazawa
After a visit to the morning market, depart along a scenic route to Shirakawago, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its historic significance. Visit the Folk Museum and unique "joined hands" farmhouse, and then learn to make paper by hand in Gokayama, another World Heritage Site. Continue to Kanazawa. (Nikko)
Day 8, Monday - Kanazawa/Kyoto
Morning tour includes Kenrokuen Garden, one of the three most famous gardens in Japan, a Kutaniyaki pottery kiln, and a stroll through Nagamachi district, known for its historic samurai-class homes. Afternoon, train to Kyoto. (New Miyako/Okura)
Day 9, Tuesday - Kyoto
Morning city tour to Golden Pavilion, Nijojo Castle, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. Afternoon excursion by motorcoach to ancient capital of Nara to visit Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Shrine, and Deer Park. (L)
Day 10, Wednesday - Kyoto/Los Angeles
Transfer via train to airport for your Singapore Airlines flight to Los Angeles.
The following Land & Air prices include Government Taxes and Fees.
Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Singapore Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Round trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- Transfer by bullet train as per itinerary
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Tokyo
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Kyoto
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Hakone, Takayama, and Kanazawa
- Hotel taxes and service charges included
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: full-day tour of Tokyo, half-day tour of Takayama, tour of the Shirakawago (drive) and the Gokayama World Heritage Sites, half-day tour of Kyoto, half-day tour of Kanazawa, half-day tour of Nara
- 3 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include:
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Shiba Park (Tokyo), Yumoto Fujiya (Hakone), Hida Plaza (Takayama), Nikko (Kanazawa), New Miyako (Kyoto)
- Deluxe (D): Keio Plaza (Tokyo), Yumoto Fujiya (Hakone), Hida Plaza (Takayama), Nikko (Kanazawa), Okura (Kyoto)
- If above hotels or Singapore Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit card accepted; Credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty of $250 per person once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available