- Journey Types
- World Heritage Sites
- Small Cruises
- Romance and Honeymoon
- Rail Journeys
- Nature and Safari
- Multiple Country Combinations
- Luxury Travel
- Long Vacations
- Independent/Private Touring
- Hot Deals
- Frugal Travel
- Family Vacations
- Early Booking Savings
- Custom-Designed Trip
- Cultural Experience
- Classic Itineraries
- Search Vacation
- Original Price: $2999
- Saving: 50%
- Now Only: $1399
- Remaining: 23 Days
- Vacation Overview
- Departure Dates & Rates
- Tour Features
- Optional Tours
Day 1 – USA/Kuching
Depart the USA gateway of Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York (JFK) on your Singapore Airlines trans-Pacific flight to Kuching, Borneo.
Day 2 – Kuching
Cross the international Date Line.
Day 3 - Kuching
Arrive in Kuching, and transfer to your hotel. (Lime Tree Hotel, superior room)
Day 4 – Kuching
This morning your tour of Kuching takes you to see some of its many charms, such as the snow white fortress in the style of the English Renaissance; Fort Margherita, built in 1879 by the "White Rajah," Charles Brooke; the dragon festooned Chinese temples, and the Sarawak Museum showcasing the state's ethnological heritage. Afternoon free. (B)
Day 5 – Kuching
Pay a visit to Semenggoh Nature Reserve and view Asia'a great ape, the orangutan, which is endemic to Borneo.The 2.5 square mile area is now one of the best places in the world to see orangutans up close and free. On returning to the city, stop for a visit to a local pottery and see potters creating art at the wheel. (B)
Day 6 – Kuching
Today, take a trip to Annah Rais, a Dayak village whose residents live in longhouses, a collaborative habitation that serves as a home for the entire community. Tthe Bornean longhouses are built on stilts, and Annah Rais is one of the best places in the Kuching area to get acquainted with the traditions of the Dayaks. Stop by the head house, a legacy of the Dayaks' days as headhunters. The structure's centerpiece is a cage containing about a dozen human skulls blackened by smoke. Most Dayaks today are Christian and the heads are no longer believed to protect the village. (B)
Day 7/8/9 - Kuching
Your journey includes two more days to explore the city of Kuching on your own or take optional tours. Stroll down the Waterfront Promenade and taste the local fare. Kuching 's sophisticated culinary scene reflects the city's multicultural population, including Chinese, Malay and Daytak (mainly Bidayuh and Iban). (B)
Day 10 - Kuching/USA
Transfer from hotel to the airport and board Singapore Airlines flight for return to USA. Arrive the same day or stop over in Singapore for a short visit. (B)
Land and Air
Apr 1 - May 25, 2015 (midweek travel)
Jul 16 – Oct 31, 2015 (midweek travel)
Nov 1 – Dec 9, 2015 (midweek travel)
Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
Single supplement: $399
Book by March 27, 2015, for these promotional rates.
Stop over in Singapore for two nights including BB $249 per person at Naumi Liora Hotel in an upgraded heritage room
- Round trip airfare from San Francisco, New York City (JFK) and Los Angeles via Singapore Airlines coach class
- Accommodations double occupancy at Lime Tree Hotel in a superior room for 7 nights with hotel tax and service charge included
- Round trip airport transfers
- Breakfast daily
- Half-day coach city tour with English-speaking guide
- Half-day Semenggoh Nature Reserve tour
- Half-day Annah Rais Longhouse tour
- Airline fuel surcharge and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include:
- Any connecting overnight accommodation in Singapore
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional travel insurance
- Single supplement: $399
- Any item not mentioned above
- Book by March 27, 2015, for these promotional rates.
- Travel valid on select midweek dates from April to December, 2015.
- For weekend departures (Fri & Sat) from San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX) or New York City (JFK), add $125 per person.
- For upgrade to "V" class if "K" class is not available on Singapore Airlines, add $125 per person.
- Blackout dates from LAX/SFO/JFK: Jun 10 - Jul 15 and Dec 10-23, 2015.
- If above hotels and Singapore Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or different airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received within 3 days of reservation
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Nonrefundable and no changes once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies; optional Travel Insurance not included.
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
SARAWAK CULTURAL VILLAGE $55 per person
Departure time : 9.00am / 2.00pm
Approximate Duration : 4hrs
“See Sarawak in half day” is the claim made by the Sarawak Culture Village, a unique award winning living museum offering an excellent introduction to local cultures and lifestyles. It is located at the foothill of the legendary Mount Santubong, fronting the South China Sea. The village also called the “Living Museum” because people live in the houses & create their handicraft and traditional snacks.
The Village has seven representative ethnic house – Bidayuh Longhouse, Iban Longhouse, Penan Hut Orang Ulu Longhouse, Melanau Tall House, Malay House and & Chinese Farm House. Observe the lifestyle, arts, craft, game, foods, clothes & music of 7 major cultural of Sarawak. Enjoy yourself with a fascinating performance of the multi – culture dance in village’s own theater. There is also a good restaurant and handicraft shop on – site.
BAKO NATIONAL PARK $145 per person includes lunch
Departure time : 8.30am
Approximate Duration : 6 - 7hrs
This is the oldest National Park, which offers the perfect introduction to the Sarawak forest & wild life. The park is located at the northern tip of Muara Tebas Peninsula. It can be reach by a half hour drive by coach & another 30 minutes by boat. The park has on area of 16 sq. km. of primary forest with an abundance of botanical treasures made up of 25 types of vegetation.
Amongst this plant life is the carnivorous pitcher plant. Bako’s mangrove forest is home to the Proboscis Monkey, found only in Borneo. Other species found here are the Long Tailed Macaques, Silver Leaf Monkeys, Monitor Lizards and Bearded Pigs. There are a number of trails exploring the Park with a several indented sandy bays providing excellent swimming grounds. Lunch at the park canteen. Return to Kuching in the afternoon.
Note: Tour departure between Nov – Feb is dependent on the weather. The substitute tour is to the Gunung Gading National Park.
IBAN LONGHOUSE EXPERIENCE (LEMANAK RIVER)
Departure Time : 9.00am
Duration : 2 days / 1 night
Day 1 - 0900 hrs departure on your overnight Lemanak River Longhouse adventure. The journey to the Lemanak River takes 4 hours (232 km). Along the way, pass fields which may be green or gold with sheaves of padi (rice) or being left to fallow, pepper plantations and roadside kampungs. Stop for lunch at a tiny little town, Lachau, redolent with the aroma of pepper. At the Lemanak river, native longboats take you up to an Iban longhouse. Along this river live the famous Ibans who were once the most fearsome pirates and headhunters. Today they live harmoniously as farmers, fishing and hunting in the surrounding jungles. Arrive the longhouse in the late afternoon. Enjoy a simple dinner before an evening of traditional music and dance, filled with many rounds of tuak, the native rice wine. Overnight at the River Lodge. [Lunch, Dinner]
Day 2 - Breakfast at the Guesthouse. Take part in a blowpipe and cockfight demonstration before proceeding for a nature walk to visit a pepper farm, cocoa gardens and an Iban burial ground. Later return to the river jetty for your journey back to the city. Lunch along the way. Continue on to the city. Drop off at your hotel. [Breakfast, Lunch]
What to bring: Trekking shoe, sandal, raincoat, plastic bag, a water bottle, insect repellent, sunblock lotion, torch light, swimming wear, clothes for changing.