Take a 6-day trip to experience the culture of El Salvador. Begin with a stay in San Salvador, El Salvador’s capital, and visit Volcanoes National Park. Then begin your journey along the Flower Route (Ruta de Las Flores), including a visiti to a coffee plantation. Spend a day on your own exploring the area, which offers amazing views, crafts, markets, and adventure options. Vist Joya de Ceren, a World Heritage Site that is the country's main archaeological site. Continue to the colonial town of Suchitoto, and explore the town on a walk through its central square and cobblestone streets. Visit an indigo workshop, where you can design your own scarf. Next, travel to Jiquilisco Bay, a UNESCO Biosphere reserve. Visit a monkey community in the forest, and learn about cacao production and how chocolate is made. Return to San Salvador for your flight back home. Starting from $2060 per person, including airfare from Miami, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Miami/San Salvador
Depart Miami via Avianca Airlines for San Salvador. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. (Mirador Plaza/Hilton Princess)
Day 2 – San Salvador/Flower Route
Today, visit Volcanoes National Park, where three amazing volcanoes (Izalco Volcano, Santa Ana Volcano and Cerro Verde) embrace Coatepeque Lake. Walk around the extinct crater of Cerro Verde for breathtaking views of the other volcanoes and the lake. This afternoon, continue along to the Flower Route (Ruta de Las Flores), a coffee plantation area of in the western side of the country. After lunch, visit a coffee plantation. (Finca el Carmen /Casa Degraciela) (B/L)
Day 3 – Flower Route
Explore the area on your own. The region offers amazing views, as well as crafts, markets, and adventure options.
Day 4 – Flower Route/Suchitoto
This morning, visit Joya de Ceren, the country’s main archaeological site. This World Heritage Site is a well-preserved site pre-Columbian Maya farming village. After lunch, continue to Suchitoto. Explore this colonial town in a walk along the charming cobblestone streets, surrounded by lovely old colonial homes, and see Santa Lucia Church, built in 1853 and majestically situated in the town's central square. (Los Almendros, double/suite) (B/L)
Day 5 – Suchitoto/Jiquilisco Bay
This morning, visit an indigo workshop and experiment designing your own scarf from this natural colorant, for which El Salvador is recognized worldwide. Afterward, transfer to Jiquilisco Bay, a UNESCO Biosphere reserve. This is El Salvador’s largest and most important wetland and the largest mangrove estuarine system in Northern Mesoamerica. Later, visit a Monkey Community, walking through a forest to their home. Also, learn about cacao production and the chocolate-making process. (Puerto Barillas) (B)
Day 6 – Jiquilisco Bay/Salvador/Miami
Morning at leisure. Afternoon, transfer to the airport for your Avianca flight to Miami. (B)
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1-7|
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Land & Air prices are per person double occupancy via Avianca from Miami for weekday travel. For weekend travel and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $30 each way.
- Rates are not valid during some special holidays.
- Sole Traveler Supplement: $1070 (FC); $1140 (D)
- Round-trip airfare via Avianca Airlines coach class from Miami
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room on the Flower Route
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in San Salvador, Suchitoto, and Jiquilisco Bay
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day city tour of Volcanoes National Park (San Salvador), half-day tour of Suchitoto, volcano tour at Volcanoes National Park, visit to coffee plantations, visit to Joya de Ceren archaeological site
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include:
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First class (FC): Mirador Plaza (San Salvador), Finca el Carmen (Flower Route), Los Almendros (Suchitoto), Puerto Barillas (Jiquilisco Bay)
- Deluxe (D): Hilton Princess (San Salvador), Casa Degraciela (Flower Route), Los Almendros (Suchitoto), Puerto Barillas (Jiquilisco Bay)
- If above hotels or Avianca Airlines is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.