Take a 7-night trip and visit the main tourist attractions in China. See the Great Wall, Tian An Men Square, and the Forbidden City in Beijing. Then travel to the ancient capital of China, Xi’an, and view the terracotta soldiers. Finally, explore the vibrant city of Shanghai with its intriguing mix of the modern and historic. Starting from $3,120, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - USA/Beijing
Depart the USA on your Cathay Pacific trans-Pacific flight for Beijing. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2 - Beijing
Arrive Beijing and transfer to your hotel. (Qianmen/Royal Phoenix)
Day 3 - Beijing
Visit Tian An Men Square, Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven. Peking Duck Dinner. (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Beijing
Full-day excursion to Great Wall and Ming Tombs. (B/L)
Day 5 - Beijing/Xian
Fly to Xian and transfer to your hotel. (Grand New World/Grand Metro Park) (B/L)
Day 6 - Xian
See the 6,000 life-size terra-cotta soldiers and horses at the tomb of Emperor Qinshi Huangdi. Also see Hua Qing Hot Springs and Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Tonight enjoy a feast of delicate dumplings. (B/L/D)
Day 7 - Xian/Shanghai
Fly to Shanghai and transfer to your hotel. (Holiday Inn Downtown/New World Mayfair) (B/L)
Day 8 - Shanghai
Visit the Bund, Jade Buddha Temple and Yu Garden. Shop on Nanjing Road. (B/L)
Day 9 - Shanghai/USA
Board Cathay Pacific flight to the USA and arrive home the same day. (B)
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - May 23|
September 1 - December 9
|May 24 - August 14||August 15-31||December 10-31|
|2019||January 1 - February 28||March 1-31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $50 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Cathay Pacific Airways coach class
- Round trip airport transfers
- Local airfare as per itinerary
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Beijing
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Xian and Shanghai
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: full-day tour of Beijing and Xian, full-day tour of the Great Wall and Ming Tombs, tour of Shanghai
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 2 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First class (FC): Qianmen (Beijing), Grand New World (Xian), Holiday Inn Downtown (Shanghai)
- Deluxe (D): Royal Phoenix (Beijing), Grand Metro Park (Xian), New World Mayfair (Shanghai)
- If above hotels or Cathay Pacific Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit card accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.
Hong Kong Extension
4 Days/3 Nights
Park Hotel (FC) or Harbour Grand Hotel (D)
- Half-day City and Island Tour
- Breakfast daily
- Airport transfers
Departure Dates & Rates
|Mar - Apr, Sep
|May - Aug
|Nov 1 - Dec 29
|Dec 30 -Jan 1