Take a 12-night trip and experience the rich cultural history of China on this once in a lifetime trip. In Beijing, visit the Forbidden City, Tian An Men Square, the Great Wall, and the Ming Tombs. In Xi’an, view the 6,000 life-size terracotta soldiers. Visit Guilin, where you will enjoy a Li River cruise and discover the natural beauty of China. Later, explore the cosmopolitan cities of Shanghai and Hong Kong, taking city tours and also enjoying these cities on your own. Starting from $4395, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1, Thursday - USA/Beijing
Depart the USA on your Cathay Pacific Airways trans-Pacific flight for Beijing. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2, Friday - Beijing
Arrive in Beijing and transfer to your hotel. (Qianmen/Royal Phoenix)
Day 3, Saturday - Beijing
Visit Tian An Men Square, the Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven. Peking Duck dinner. (B/L/D)
Day 4, Sunday - Beijing
Full-day excursion to Great Wall and Ming Tombs. (B/L)
Day 5, Monday - Beijing/Xian
Fly to Xian and transfer to your hotel. (Grand New World/Grand Metro Park) (B/L)
Day 6, Tuesday - Xian
See the 6,000 life-size terra-cotta soldiers and horses at the tomb of Emperor Qinshi Huangdi. Also see Hua Qing Hot Springs and Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Tonight enjoy a feast of delicate dumplings. (B/L/D)
Day 7, Wednesday - Xian/Guilin
Fly to Guilin and transfer to your hotel. (Guilin Bravo/Sheraton) (B/L)
Day 8, Thursday - Guilin
Full-day Li River Cruise to Yangshuo and return in the evening. Dinner at a popular restaurant. (B/L/D)
Day 9, Friday - Guilin/Shanghai
Visit Reed Flute Cave, before flying to Shanghai. Transfer to your hotel. (Holiday Inn Downtown/New World Mayfair) (B/L)
Day 10, Saturday - Shanghai
Visit the Bund, the Jade Buddha Temple and Yu Garden. Shop on Nanjing Road. (B/L)
Day 11, Sunday - Shanghai/Hong Kong
Fly from Shanghai to Hong Kong and transfer to your hotel. (Park/Harbour Grand) (B/L)
Day 12/13, Monday/Tuesday - Hong Kong
Two days in Hong Kong. Half-day sightseeing to see Stanley Market, Aberdeen and Victoria Peak. Remainder of time on your own to explore the city. (B)
Day 14, Wednesday - Hong Kong/USA
Board Cathay Pacific flight and return to the USA the same day. (B)
Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 5, 12||January 19, 26|
February 2, 9, 16, 23
|March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30|
• Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Cathay Pacific Airways coach class
• Round trip airport transfers
• Local airfare as per itinerary
• 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Beijing and Hong Kong
• 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Xian, Guilin, and Shanghai
• Hotel taxes and service charges
• Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary
• Breakfast daily, 9 lunches, 3 dinners
• Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
• Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
• Optional Travel Insurance
• Any item not mentioned above
• First class (FC): Qianmen (Beijing), Grand New World (Xian), Guilin Bravo (Guilin), Holiday Inn Downtown (Shanghai), Park (Hong Kong)
• Deluxe (D): Royal Phoenix (Beijing), Grand Metro Park (Xian), Sheraton (Guilin), New World Mayfair (Shanghai), Harbour Grand (Hong Kong)
• If above hotels or Cathay Pacific Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
• During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
• Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
• Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
• Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
• Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.