One of the top dream destinations, the Maldives are a collection of over a thousand exotic coral islands scattered across the northern end of the Indian Ocean. These islands have long been a must-go tourist destination thanks to their plenitude of white sandy beaches, pristine turquoise water, and tropical canopies.
If that still isn’t enough to convince you the Maldives are a place to put on your bucket list, then check out these five excellent reasons to start planning your tropical escape today:
- Bask in the sun. The Maldives have a year-round tropical climate. Enjoy temperatures that always hover in the high 70s with a soft island breeze that’ll cool you down as the sun heats you up.
- Culinary delights. The Maldives bring a whole new meaning to the art of cooking. You’ll find a variety of restaurants here ranging from casual dining cafes to more elite five-star bistros. While the major resorts offer something for just about every palate, whether that’s Italian or Asian, there’s also plenty of local-based traditional eateries showcasing the spicy flavors of island fare.
- Bright and lively sealife. It’s a sad fact that the Great Barrier Reef and areas in the Caribbean are seeing record coral die-offs. Thankfully, the Maldives are still a home to a breath-taking variety of varied and colorful sealife. Come and explore the area’s many coral reefs in search of manta rays, barracudas, tropical fish, and ancient sea turtles.
- Secluded luxury. The economy of the Maldives is largely based on tourism, and so the citizens of these idyllic islands have embraced the natural beauty and privacy of their environment to provide the world with ultra-luxurious accommodations defined by the beauty of that seclusion. Each island is limited to one resort in order to provide guests with that island peace and privacy they crave.
- Watersport Central. In addition to underwater activities like scuba diving and snorkeling, the Maldives are a paradise for other watersports , most notably surfing. Offshore weather offers ideal wind and swell conditions for groomed and consistent waves that attract surfers from around the world. Different islands and their atolls offer varying wave sizes and underwater conditions so that just about any surfer, no matter their skill, can find the spot that best challenges and entertains them.
For more information about the Maldives, or to start planning your trip out to this island paradise, check out our special offer here.